No power to the ecu?

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
JDMYo1992

No power to the ecu?

Post by JDMYo1992 »

I have 1996 Honda Civic hatchback using 02-04 rsx type s harness and the ktuner jumper harness the car was running and idling good before I changed the feed line after that I couldn’t log or upload to the computer noticed kept authenticating and disconnecting then realized the ecu was steady red on the 1st led and green blinking on the 4th I got new main relay but maybe you guys can enlighten me why I’m not getting power to the ecu its k24a2 turbo ek hatch with ktuner swap ecu and the lastesr broad lmk what I should look for
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: No power to the ecu?

Post by KTuner »

You can tell whether the ECU is getting power by keying on instead of plugging in USB. As to why, it was running and you changed things. That's not something we can begin to guess at.
JDMYo1992

Post by JDMYo1992 »

The LEDs on the ecu
1st one steady red meaning no power ?
2nd blank
3rd blank
4th blinking green
Main relays changed looked through all the fuses one day to another it stopped working changed the relay off the conversion harness I’m just stumped
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We do outline what the LEDs mean in the help section, so I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion. If you get LEDs with key on and no USB connected then it has power. The unit and LEDs require power to run.

Solid red means no ECU communication.
JDMYo1992

Post by JDMYo1992 »

Okay so Solid red means no ECU communication what should I look for to fix this problem one day to another it did this
JDMYo1992

Post by JDMYo1992 »

I can’t upload or load current map on the computer I hit retry nothing I reset it to stock asoon as it’s done downloading after the key off and back on part give me 3 options again retry or set back to stock or disconnect on the ecu and this on going for the last several days
JDMYo1992

Post by JDMYo1992 »

Another question just watched Vtec Academy on youtube about the conversion harness wiring my question is I’m running a
02-04 rsx type s engine harness
96-98 sparks racing conversion harness
With the ktuner 02/04 to 05/06 conversion harness
My question is do I have to do any switching around wires ?
The car ran perfect before all this happened but I’m running out of idea of what could be the problem
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you've recovered the ECU and it still doesn't communicate then you may have damaged the ECU or the unit with your wiring mishap. The only other option is that the headers in the ECU aren't making good contact with the unit/ECU.

We don't sell or assist with any aftermarket wiring products.
JDMYo1992

Post by JDMYo1992 »

Is there anyway I could test the ecu ?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Check the headers. If it's been flashed back to factory via recovery when you key on with no USB the red should be blinking, not solid.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”