K24A2 in EF, no injector pulse

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Sonic

K24A2 in EF, no injector pulse

Post by Sonic »

Hi,

I'm finishing a K24A2 swap into an 89 EF hatch. 06 Element wiring harness, PZD ECM, KTuner in ECU installation from a dealer.

The issue we have now is there is never any injector pulse, no matter what we do. Here are some of what we have done and checked:
-Added additional grounds, even from G101 direct to the head and chassis.
-Confirmed there is power and ground to every single sensor, injector, and coil
-Run the injectors with straight 12V power and fuel and confirmed they are operational
-The motor will chug a bit with starter fluid, so it has spark
-Replaced crank position sensor, confirmed the crank trigger is in place.

I've tried the tune from my dealer and an 03-05 Accord MT base tune as I have a cable throttle body. Neither make a difference. I've confirmed the "disable immobilizer" is checked on both, removed EVAP, etc. None of it matters.

Of note, the tune I have on the ECU from the dealer has no values in any of the tables (fuel, spark, cranking fuel) and no values in the 2d map, but does show a 3D map with values, which looks similar in profile to the Accord maps, which do show values in the table and 2D map.

I'm leaving for a race weekend in 3 days, my team is all paid and we need to get this going but I'm out of ideas and open to any suggestions.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K24A2 in EF, no injector pulse

Post by KTuner »

See if it indeed sees RPM via datalogging during cranking. If you disabled immobilizer KTuner is not the culprit. That's all that's needed to run the ECU if everything else is properly setup. The ECU itself, wiring, or something else external would be.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Thanks so much for the response.

Does the RPM signal only come from the CKP or are there other sources?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It should see RPM and will throw CAM codes if those aren't available or in sync. Check codes as well.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”