k24z3 using 05-06 ecu

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Drtye

Re: k24z3 using 05-06 ecu

Post by Drtye »

I have contacted a couple local machine/fab shops and nobody wants to make one to my specs. So for the time being I am looking into a signal conversion box/interface. Will update my findings when I have something.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Sounds good. I know others are curious about doing this so this is very cool.
shogee

Post by shogee »

not trying to burst your bubble but i am running into the same problem with my setup also. i don't think you can just slap on a custom trigger wheel on the flywheel end of the crank shaft due to the physical difference. because on the older k series engines its at the timing chain side which is 13 count. compared to the 58 count on the flywheel side. and you have to pull the crank out to change the pulse plate. just trying to figure out a solution to the same problem.
shogee

Post by shogee »

KTuner wrote:That's not something I'm going to pursue in software at this time.
hey a quick question to you good sir. Is there a ckp signal delete function in the k tuner software for the 05-06 ecu's. it's either that from the info i have gathered or running a 2012 civic si ecu.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, you can't disable that sensor.
Drtye

Post by Drtye »

KTuner wrote:Sounds good. I know others are curious about doing this so this is very cool.

UPDATE: So as we have found out, the newer generation of 2.4l "z" series have a different/modified timing case cover on account that most of the engines use the 60-2 crank trigger wheel bolted to the centerish of the crankshaft. This would not work with a k swapped vehicle or say an earlier native k series chassis (that wanted to use the 05-06 ktuner). However, Honda in their wisdom (and lucky for us) appears to have taken baby steps in progressing from the older style 13 tooth trigger wheel (which we need) to the 60-2 wheels. The k24z1 out of a crv (ie 2009) uses this newer style timing case cover and the old style pickup wheel and sensor, meaning the factory k20z1 engine harness with mate up and the ecu will properly be able to read the trigger. I have not yet bought the timing case cover but plan on it shortly and I will be able to update with pictures.

So good news in short is that we have a bolt on solution for using say a 2012 civic si k24 engine with the ktuner in a swapped car for example.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That would be very cool. Very curious to see progress on this!
TieFytaPilot

Post by TieFytaPilot »

Drtye wrote:
KTuner wrote:Sounds good. I know others are curious about doing this so this is very cool.

UPDATE: So as we have found out, the newer generation of 2.4l "z" series have a different/modified timing case cover on account that most of the engines use the 60-2 crank trigger wheel bolted to the centerish of the crankshaft. This would not work with a k swapped vehicle or say an earlier native k series chassis (that wanted to use the 05-06 ktuner). However, Honda in their wisdom (and lucky for us) appears to have taken baby steps in progressing from the older style 13 tooth trigger wheel (which we need) to the 60-2 wheels. The k24z1 out of a crv (ie 2009) uses this newer style timing case cover and the old style pickup wheel and sensor, meaning the factory k20z1 engine harness with mate up and the ecu will properly be able to read the trigger. I have not yet bought the timing case cover but plan on it shortly and I will be able to update with pictures.

So good news in short is that we have a bolt on solution for using say a 2012 civic si k24 engine with the ktuner in a swapped car for example.
Been searching for months on how to get a setup like this to work. Drtye, if you’re still active on this forum could you please contact me on insta @Tie.Fyta.Pilot . I’m about to collect all the parts I need for a K24A2 headswap on a K24Z7 bloc. Thanks!!

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”