K24a3 in Ek RHD Sedan PLEASE Help!!

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Gokartmar89

K24a3 in Ek RHD Sedan PLEASE Help!!

Post by Gokartmar89 »

Guys I really need some help here.
I have got a k24a3 euro r complete swap (ecu, m/t harness, 6 speed ats5 tranny) and I am trying to drop it into my rhd ek sedan. So my main issue besides mounts and all is the ktuner. I want to run ktuner but i dont know which route to go. I have heard from Hamotorsports that i can in fact use the harness from my motor and go to either an 03-05 accord ecu or 05/06 rsx type s ktuner ecu. Well i was about to purchase but i moved onto the wiring conversion harness and now these people including hasport is telling me no that it is not possible to use k24a3 harness and I need to get a 05/06 harness, 05/06 ktuner ecu, and drop close to 500$ for a more rare conversion harness from k20z1 to 96-98 ek. I am not trying to buy parts that i dont need and my pockets arent that deep to be making huge mistakes like this. I have looked all over forums and it doesnt seem that I can get a definitive answer from anyone.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K24a3 in Ek RHD Sedan PLEASE Help!!

Post by KTuner »

If the ECU pinouts for that harness match then it will work with the ECU, if you have everything else wired properly too. Chassis harness etc.

Be aware the Accords do not have some of the standard wires that would be useful to a swap vehicle, like MIL, since the dashboard is CAN bus in an Accord.
Gokartmar89

Post by Gokartmar89 »

KTuner wrote:If the ECU pinouts for that harness match then it will work with the ECU, if you have everything else wired properly too. Chassis harness etc.

Be aware the Accords do not have some of the standard wires that would be useful to a swap vehicle, like MIL, since the dashboard is CAN bus in an Accord.

So what are my options for ECU possible?
I see on another page you gave a response to get a 04-06 ecu so now im super confused. K24a3 i know is basically a type s tsx. Sooo idk where to even go from here.
Hamotorsports has told me RAD 03-05 ecu is plug and play
Xenocron told me RAD would not work and to go with PRB for 05/06 Rsx + Rsx harness + modify a k20a2 02-04 harness to work in my ek
Other shops have told me a wide variety of a whole bunch of other things. At the end of the day I want to do this right. SO what would your suggestion be? Check the pinouts of all these ECU's matched to my motor?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

RAD and PRB will run, but as I stated RAD is for CAN dash. No CEL output etc. Run a PRB or PND. Pinouts for comparison can be found on google.
Gokartmar89

Post by Gokartmar89 »

Got it running thanks for your help. Went with revision 1 k swap ecu.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That's good news!

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”