Engine code P0118??

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
NVC

Engine code P0118??

Post by NVC »

Hey Guys!

I just finished my K20Z1 Swap into 00 EK hatchback with Hasports conversion harness.

I just flashed a base map from Ktuner into the ECU and I just got a engine error code P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input.

-Car turns overs and and has a high idle (1900 rpm) A/F ratio on Ktuner is reading lean 16.15 and ECT 122 F
-I've bled the coolant but fan doesnt kick on as well

Has anyone come across this??
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Engine code P0118??

Post by KTuner »

That's telling you the thermostat is not connected, isn't wired properly, or isn't working properly.

No working ECT sensor, no fan control likely.

High idle can be from needing to properly calibrate the TPS, if your voltages are close to factory spec, which will depend on the TP sensor you're using.
NVC

Post by NVC »

Ok Found out one of the pins for ECT was bent. P0118 code is now good.

But another Issue has come up.

I have a very high idle 2000 rpm and when I rev the engine it rev hangs at 3000 rpm. I tried the idle learn to rev it up pass 6K+ rpm but then P0325 Knock sensor CEL comes up. I've check the senor and it is pluged in.

I've tried the TPS calibration. It was showing 4-5% at idle and I clicked on the calibration and it show's 0% But engine still idle's between 2000-3000 rpm's.

after calibration I've saved the file and reflash, but still the same high idle.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Codes are there to signify issues, which means there is one currently.

If TPS reads 0 then it's either due to the code or you have an external issue like a vacuum leak or malfunctioned IACV. The ECU will target what's in the table when TPS reads less than .5 to signify idle.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”