Base tune with Boost Support

Audiophyle

Base tune with Boost Support

Post by Audiophyle »

There does not appear to be a base tune specific to the Element that supports forced induction.

Is the "RAD MT Forced Induction (Forced Induction Support For MT 03-05 Accord)" tune compatible with my 04 MT Honda Element?
Or should I use it as a starting point and copy over all of the parameters from the Element stock tune? (like the good old days of CROME)
OR is there a better way to create a base tune with boost support?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base tune with Boost Support

Post by KTuner »

Going boost or already there? I don't think it's been added to that platform yet, but it can be. It's a bit of work, so it'll have to be queued.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Going boost, still have a list of parts I need to collect first but wanted to have the tuning tested & ready in advance to reduce variables in the event of any ugly surprises after the switch.

What kind of ETA could be expected based on current queue log? This would help me budget my build accordingly, no sense buying stuff to sit & wait when I could use the down time to save a little longer and pick up better parts. ha ha ha
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I can't fit a one off into the development queue currently.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Sorry, but I do not understand that logic. How can you expect there to be ANY boost builds with this platform if you do not support such a setup? I am not asking for a custom tune to support a unique myriad of bolt-ons (like the RSX platform is full of), All I am after is a basic OEM tune with the boost support enabled and extended fuel/ignition tables so I can tune for boost.

Since nothing currently exists for the Element, and I apparently cant use the 03-06 Accord's FI basemap (same k24a4 engine as Element), then please point me in the right direction so I may create one myself.
Last edited by Audiophyle on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's much more needed than just expanding some maps and I can't fit this into the queue currently. You may want to try the RSX codebase, actually.

There is no boost support listed in the FINAL column for Element. There's a note above the list about the BETA column.
78si

Post by 78si »

New to tuning.. So i shouldn't buy k tuner if I want to boost? (Y/N)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you're MT it may work with the RSX basecode, but nobody has confirmed it yet.
78si

Post by 78si »

I do have a manual trans, but I'm not not anywhere near the boosting stage. I'm currently installing a TSX engine and now have to decide which engine management system to buy. K pro is so expensive, but in the long term, it might be the way i have to go.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. You can try the PRB basecode on your factory 05-06 Element ECU with our system, or even a replacement ECU so you can retain your factory ECU separately, without modifying anything else. If you're 03-04 you need an 05-06 ECU anyway. It's still plug and play.

Or sure, there's always the option of an older ECU, more expensive tuning system, and patch harness. I'll definitely leave it up to you to decide.

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”