Base tune with Boost Support

Audiophyle

Re: Base tune with Boost Support

Post by Audiophyle »

Ran into a problem, evidently loading the PRB tune has modified the TPS calibration and now I cant get my TPS to read below 9%. The PZD tunes do not contain TPS calibration options so I cannot make adjustments, and I havent touched anything under the hood.

How can I get the TPS calibrated back to read 0% within KTuner?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's loaded into RAM, not saved in the ECU or TPS. The RAM from PRB and PZD are different, so there's no overlap. Try killing power to the ECU to reset it.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

A hard ECU reset, never thought to try that. I'll give it a try tomorrow & report back.
Last edited by Audiophyle on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Hope that helps!
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Unfortunately cutting power to the ECU did not fix the TPS issue, it still reads 9% throttle at rest.

What does "Return To Factory" do in the Tuning drop down menu? Can I return the ECU to factory and still upload custom tunes afterward?
And how is returning to factory different than simply uploading the Element's stock tune?

I am wondering if the change in tune platforms (PZD to PRB) changed something that is not changing back when reloading the PZD tune.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That flashes it to factory state.

There are no remnants left behind when switching from one to another. We had to do this a lot for testing.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Do you have any ideas how to remedy this? I cant get it to set back to zero, even the calibrate TPS option within the KTunerPRB does nothing. Loading PZD tunes, loading my modified PRB tune, returning to stock, physically cutting power to the ECU, I have literally reflashed my ECU a hundred times over in the last couple days trying different things with no change to the TPS issue.

I had to use my stock ECU yesterday because driving with the TPS uncalibrated is obnoxious, and switching back to my KTuner ECU today reintroduced the problem, so clearly isolated to the KTuner setup.

Tomorrow I will be driving all day with the KTuner-PRB tune and datalogging to make sure everything else is working as it should.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The ECU bases this on voltage at key on, so no, there's no outside remedy.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Swapping ECUs resolves the problem immediately so I know there is nothing wrong mechanically, so the issue has to reside within the modified ECU. I find it frustrating that KTuner reports the TPS percentage (likely based off a hidden voltage table) but does not provide the actual voltage reading in the data list, this could be a good thing to add into the data list if at all possible (hint hint).
If I could see the voltage KTuner is seeing I would be able to tell right away if the TPS voltage is the problem (trouble shooting a faulty ECU) or if KTuner is seeing the correct voltage but reporting the wrong TPS percentage.

Previously my TPS readings would range from 0% to 82% at WOT but now it reads from 9% to 90% at WOT, which I find to be incredibly suspect that the lower and upper limits have both shifted by (almost) the exact same amount. (I verified this by looking back through old datalogs)

How difficult would it be to add or create a TPS reference voltage table so users could modify the settings? (or potentially custom scale a TPS to get a non-linear curve)

I am also happy to report that my modified PRB tune with boost support has been running very smooth in my Element, aside from the TPS issue everything is performing exactly like stock.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Is there any way to perform a data dump from the KTuner board? Something I could send to you to analyze for anomalies?
Or some sort of update I can push to the KTuner to possibly overwrite any such anomaly?

My KTuner equipped ECU is from an AT Element, and I have a MT, not sure if that has any impact on this or not.

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”