Base tune with Boost Support

KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base tune with Boost Support

Post by KTuner »

The unit does not log voltage memory locations and it wouldn't really be useful in this scenario.

The factory code checks for a specific range of closed voltage before deciding the minimal point. If it's reading high it's outside of what it wants to see. You're right that it may be the ECU input itself seeing a higher than normal voltage if something happened to it. The entire TPS loading code etc will not be rewritten. The factory code is just fine given working hardware. I don't really have any suggestions at this point if you're not able to see proper percentages. If you did previously you still would now unless something had changed.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

What you are telling me is there is no way KTuner could have modified the TPS value, so any change in TPS value HAS to be a mechanical issue, despite all coincidence of the issue occurring after a few reflashes and not impacting my other stock ECU.

If you are correct, then the only explanation could be something physically failed within the ECU, which I find very hard to believe but I trust that you know more than I do. Do you know where on the ECU’s circuit board that the TPS input can be found? (Or what pin on the harness so I can trace it?). & how do I go about replacing the ECU, can I swap the KTuner board to a new ECU myself or does it require modification first? I have been modifying electronics for decades, and know my way around a soldering iron.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The fact that you can't even set it on the PRB codebase by zeroing out suggests something is off for sure. Only voltages out of range generally have that behavior.

Run a quick search on RSX 05-06 pinouts. They're the same, which is why the PRB codebase works on the PZD ECU.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

I will look into that this weekend & try to confirm the voltage at the ECU harness (& check the ECU internals).

What about my other question about swapping KTuner board between ECUs?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you unlock it you can move it to any compatible ECU that has the sockets soldered in.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

I found no anomalies on the TPS voltage over the weekend, so perhaps the ECU is at fault? I will start looking for a replacement, and maybe a good time to upgrade my KTuner board too. (onboard datalogging + bluetooth sounds awful nice)

I noticed over the weekend that my temp gauge does nothing while running the PRB codebase but works like normal with a PZD code base loaded, is there something I can do about that?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Could be a good time to upgrade. Since you have to send your unit in, maybe send the ECU with it.

No, the protocols between vehicles are not the same.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

How do I activate real-time tuning? I cant find any options within the PRB tune to activate it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

On the PRB it's right in advanced.
Audiophyle

Post by Audiophyle »

Where? All I see are the onboard datalogging options. (which my Rev0 board doesnt support, right?)
Attachments
Advanced Features.PNG
(80.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “03-06 Element Specific”