Warranty? User Board Losing Functionality

Ask your general questions about KTuner
crowlogik

Warranty? User Board Losing Functionality

Post by crowlogik »

I bought my Ktuner in spring of 2014, and am currently having issues with it. Every day and a half or so the board loses its programming. WHen this happens, only two indicator lights are on and very dim, the orange and the green. This combination of lights doesnt even add up based on your charts. At this point I will have to plug in the ECU via USB cable and wait up to ten minutes for the board to react. When it finally does the lights brighten and change from orange & green (VERY DIM) to red & green (VERY BRIGHT). At this point, i can download the map and it shows that my tune is still the same, however i cannot start the car as if it has no map is loaded or it is screwed up. THis is where i reflash the ECU with the same map that it says/should have on it anyways. After this, the car runs flawless again for a limited number of starts until the ECU/Board randomly decides to act erratic again, which is usually a day and half or so (It has gone a week before though). I love your product and want to continue running it, so my question is is there some kind of warranty on my User Board? I purchased it from Xenocron, but i was told to contact you first. Nothing on my ECU looks bad and everything runs great untiI it doesnt. I wouldnt mind purchasing another ECU, but could the User Board be resocketed? Just trying to explore my options and come up with the best solution. Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Warranty? User Board Losing Functionality

Post by KTuner »

Feel free to email us to discuss further.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

What was the outcome of this?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

His unit was starting up slowly when temperatures were very cold.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

KTuner wrote:His unit was starting up slowly when temperatures were very cold.
Is that normal, or is there a fix?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Cold affects the startup speed of the hardware. It's fixed in the second board which should be released in the coming months. Everyone will be able to upgrade to the new board if they want to and those in extreme cold conditions will be taken on a case by case basis.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

there's a cheap $1 fix for this problem. if your KTuner rev0 board doesn't start when it's cold outside, you can replace the U1 voltage regulator on the board with Texas Instruments UA78M05QDCYRQ1 . the one that's installed on the board is not rated for usage in cold ambient temps.

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's actually the lack of an external clock that does it. I put more faith in the ARM chips than was warranted.

Return to “General Questions”