Tune vs recall

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Robocop

Tune vs recall

Post by Robocop »

I have a 2017 Civic Si and I the letter about the "Engine oil dilution" recall:
"This product update includes software updates to the engine’s fuel injection, the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) if equipped, and the climate control unit to limit oil dilution by modifying fuel injection parameters and improving the speed of engine warm up."
Is there any "interference" between their modification to the injection parameters and the tuning done via the KTuner? I mean, I got my car etuned by Vit and I'm wodering if I can use my calibration after the recall or if it will overwrite the "fuel injection software update" and/or "fuel injection parameters"?

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Tune vs recall

Post by KTuner »

We've been asking those who are going to have the update done to email us for details.
MAD Mike

Post by MAD Mike »

I bought a new Civic and KTuner (1.2) at the same time at the end of last year. I have waited until I got my first oil change before I messed with the new cars tune, but when I went in to the dealership, they reflashed me with the same recall (mentioned by the OP) for oil dillution.

It is critical that I can reflash to this version in case I need service work done, but as I understand it, the device only gets the stock map that was initially installed on the car.

My questions:
1. Do you have the new update or have an ETA when it will be available? I will not install unless I can go completely stock again.
2. What is your return policy on unused units?

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can flash to completely stock. In an upcoming version you'll even be able to choose the version which you flash to.
Contact the dealer you purchased through.

Return to “General Questions”