Phoenix Android PX5

Ask your general questions about KTuner
dchrist

Phoenix Android PX5

Post by dchrist »

So I just got and set up my ktuner this weekend (17 civic hb) everything is great. I'm currently trying to solve the phoenix android head (px5) unit Bluetooth connection issue... Trying to figure out if the hardware is just not compatible or if a setting in the head unit can be adjusted or updated to solve the problem. (I talked to phoenix and updated my mcu and system to the newest versions). I figured I would start by asking does BT “WQ_BC6” mean anything to you guys for compatibility reasons? Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Phoenix Android PX5

Post by KTuner »

Until you can pair with the unit you won't be able to use the app. That is a head unit issue, not a unit issue. We have one here for experimentation currently, so we'll see how that goes.
amxandy

Post by amxandy »

KTuner and the TunerView app work flawlessly together. Just pair it up in your bluetooth settings and configure it in tunerview.
Axatax

Post by Axatax »

amxandy wrote:KTuner and the TunerView app work flawlessly together. Just pair it up in your bluetooth settings and configure it in tunerview.
Phonenix Android is a brand of an Android-based HU. It's not a phone.

It would be super-cool if this could be made to work.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Axatax wrote:
amxandy wrote:KTuner and the TunerView app work flawlessly together. Just pair it up in your bluetooth settings and configure it in tunerview.

We got it to work. It's clunky, finicky, and you have to run workaround apps just to get it to a functional state before the app can work. Needless to say we won't be releasing support.
darlopez

Post by darlopez »

KTuner wrote:
Axatax wrote:

We got it to work. It's clunky, finicky, and you have to run workaround apps just to get it to a functional state before the app can work. Needless to say we won't be releasing support.
Can you please share how you got this to work? Even if it’s clubky it’s better than nothing at all, I just spent $5 for the app and would hate for it to go to waste..
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

darlopez wrote: Can you please share how you got this to work? Even if it’s clubky it’s better than nothing at all, I just spent $5 for the app and would hate for it to go to waste..
We can do a refund or you can use it on another android device.
amxandy

Post by amxandy »

The KTuner app is finicky on how it connects. I use the HAL9K ROM on the head unit and it works great on the version 3.0 and 3.05 updates. When I tried upgrading to any version above that, it does not connect. I have proved this to myself by numerous installs and re-installs of the ROM.

Return to “General Questions”