Downloads

Ask your general questions about KTuner
garykow

Downloads

Post by garykow »

I'm sure this is not the first time hearing this BUT,My tuner is not retaining my tunes.I name the tune pick the number slot i want and it starts the download,progresses to the end than nothing I go to the numbered slot and no download.What am I doing wrong?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Downloads

Post by KTuner »

It starts to Upload, hopefully. Not download.

Unfortunately I can't tell what you mean. "Go to the numbered slot"?

What unit do you have? Are you plugged into the vehicle?
garykow

Post by garykow »

I have a v2 for a 2018 si,I'm trying to download a tune onto the unit.I plug the v2 into my computer and try to save a tune to the v2 to take out to the car to upload the screen comes up on the computer that says name the tune and choose a number to download it to so when you go out to the car you choose that tune to upload to the car.Right so far? and no I'm not plugged in was trying to go computer to the tuner to the car would it be better to take lap top to the car
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I'm still not sure where you're lost in this, unfortunately. The unit needs to be plugged into the vehicle in order to see the flash menu. That may be what you're missing.
spameggsandrice

Post by spameggsandrice »

garykow wrote:I have a v2 for a 2018 si,I'm trying to download a tune onto the unit.I plug the v2 into my computer and try to save a tune to the v2 to take out to the car to upload the screen comes up on the computer that says name the tune and choose a number to download it to so when you go out to the car you choose that tune to upload to the car.Right so far? and no I'm not plugged in was trying to go computer to the tuner to the car would it be better to take lap top to the car
If you downloaded the tune to the KTuenr unit, then you should be able to upload once you plug everything into the vehicle. If the V2 is set up like the TunerView on the KTuner v1.2 I'll post some pictures of what I have to do to flash my ECU.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180717-224023.png
(328.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20180717-224208.png
(319.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20180717-224218.png
(315.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, as outlined in the tutorial video once you upload tunes to the V2 they appear in the flash menu, which I think is what he says is missing. You need to be connected to the vehicle to see that menu. Uploading and flashing is covered in the tutorial video for the V2, though.

Return to “General Questions”