KTuner options, K24A1 2005 CRV 5 speed manual DBW, PPA ECU

Ask your general questions about KTuner
joeking

KTuner options, K24A1 2005 CRV 5 speed manual DBW, PPA ECU

Post by joeking »

Im in the process of building a turbo CRV [K24A1, 2005, 5 SPEED MANUAL, with DBW} PPA series ECU
All original, no engine or electronics swapped.

What are the solutions within KTuner products that I could use for my turbo build.
1. Does KTuner have something for PPA series ECU
2. Would any other KTuner ECU like the PRB,PND,PRA etc work out of the box without doing changes in wiring or ecu pinout
3. Im getting a good deal on a PRB KTuner. If I repin the CKP, TPS wires the right way and ditch my DBW to go cable throttle, would it work on my CRV K24A1.

Note , this K24A1 is an ivtec with only cam phasing and 3 or 4 valve operation. No high lift cam lobe for true VTEC ...

Hoping to get it to work with KTuner without changing the wiring loom or cyl head etc. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance
Joe
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: KTuner options, K24A1 2005 CRV 5 speed manual DBW, PPA E

Post by KTuner »

The ECU pinouts are nearly the same. You would need cable throttle to use a PRB, TPS may need to be re-pinned, and you may lose AC as well as some dash functions depending if any changes were made between multiplexers. Eventually we will add the 05-06 CRV natively, but if you're rushing you're really in uncharted water.
joeking

Post by joeking »

Was reading up somewhere that you have added/adding new KTuner ECUs. Wondering if 2005 CRV 5 speed manual DBW ECU is there on that list.

If this isnt available at the moment, would I be able to use a KTuner Element 5 speed manual ECU to run my 2005 CRV 5 speed manual (DBW)

I have attached the ECU number in case that helps... Thanks in advance - Joe
Attachments
CRV PPA pinout1.jpg
(44.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CRV PPA ECUa.jpg
(42.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We would need to see inside the ECU to see if it's compatible with our hardware. Email a photo.

Return to “General Questions”