Using my old files on my new car

Ask your general questions about KTuner
kawzx7

Using my old files on my new car

Post by kawzx7 »

Had a 2014 Sport i4 mt, now I have a 2017 sport i4 mt. Same tuner. It won't let me access my old tunes. All I have is a Tune 1. What gives? Can my old modded Tune 2 be converted or otherwise made accessible to tune with? I assume this has something to do with the Vin locks thing. Or have you done away with Tune 2 altogether?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Using my old files on my new car

Post by KTuner »

No, they changed ECU code and base tunes completely in 2015. For obvious reasons we don't allow code from one ECU to be pushed to a different ECU.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

So back to my question, no more Tune 2?

Also, I understand pushing maps, but I can't even view my old maps to copy parameters from. Also impossible?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Very little was done to the ignition on this new platform, because it's tuned differently. What settings are you trying to copy over?
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

Tuned differently better, or worse? It does feel different for sure. DBW was my main map I customized.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Send both files via email and I'll transfer that portion for you.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

Long story, but I don't know which file to send you. I thought the I killed my engine with tuning but it turned out it was a crankshaft sensor so I got a whole new short block. I have an old screenshot that I'm working from and tweaking. Now tell me again about this tuning differently, what has changed? Can this newer vehicle not accept more aggressive tuning? It feels milder than the old tune 2 was.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Every vehicle we support can be tuned more aggressively than our base tunes. They factory tuned the vehicle differently for 15+.

There isn't a tune 2 on this newer vehicle, so that makes sense.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

KTuner wrote:Every vehicle we support can be tuned more aggressively than our base tunes. They factory tuned the vehicle differently for 15+.

There isn't a tune 2 on this newer vehicle, so that makes sense.
Well, I hope one will be made available, even for an upcharge. Tune 2 was a ripper on the older car.

I somehow thought this 2017 Tune 1 was more of a catch-all or pseudo Tune 2 from the 2014, as it lists intake, downpipe, etc. Before I think 2014 Tune 1 was just intake.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Email a datalog with some spirited driving and I'll take a look at how it's doing.

Return to “General Questions”