K TUNER Horse power limit

Ask your general questions about KTuner
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K TUNER Horse power limit

Post by KTuner »

I appreciate your feedback. Maybe some time in the future I'll add a tuning theory section, but for now I'll be sticking to software support only.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Chew a Log
JDMClark

Post by JDMClark »

RABOOST wrote:Chew a Log

Uncalled for. While i did understand where you were coming from in some sections. He already explained very well the situation. This Forum is currently purely for software engagement and assistance. He will invest some time into ktuner Tuning Theory later on. But as he said he is one man alone working handling alot of this himself. Doing a fantastic job if you ask me. Would probably help him alot to hire someone to moderate this forum while he works on the actual hardware/software side of things. Atleast he tries to communicate though.

Your questions are pretty general tuning information you are seeking to ask a tuner. May I ask just go to a local tuning shop, pay to get on their dyno and ask them some questions. You'll learn that information quicker that way.
Turbo97coupe

Post by Turbo97coupe »

RABOOST wrote:Again, for the sake of customer service from a guy that bought your product please answer the BASIC simple real world experience is all I ask man.

The first 2 questions are answerable by a simple YES or NO

1. I know you have tuned many engines, Have you ever encountered a car that did not GAIN any power by bumping the ignition timing using E85 or other race fuel using the same boost level even by playing with AFR?????

2. Have you ever tuned a car that you were only able to add 1 or 2 degree of total timing from the original 91-93 octane tune and it did not make any more power beyond 1-2 degree more of timing????

3. What was the most timing you were able to add VS the 91 Octane ignition timing values on full load using E85??? 6,8,9 -10 Degrees? Give me a number. It could be any engine I dont care I just want to know this.

Thank you if you decide to reply
1. No never have , your setup sounds very innefficant E85 usually allows you to add way more timing with no knock same with race fuels, ive made 315 at 8psi on a greddy kit on a k20a3

2. Again no, somthing in your setup is very innefficant. Usually you always can gain hp by adding timing or leaning out the map. Or just smoothing out a map so the afr is dead pearfect threw the whole rpm range

I have no idea whats wrong with your car but it sounds u got a block in your system or somthing isnt flowing as well as it should, my own personal car i made 520whp at 15psi on a 6262 on a B18 type r motor. I believe thats the turbo you said your running

Return to “General Questions”