Safe for CVT's?

Ask your general questions about KTuner
msjonesy

Safe for CVT's?

Post by msjonesy »

Just wanted to ask. This might be a common question, but it'd be nice to hear for some verification.

I'm thinking of getting a KTuner V2 for some of the default tunes for my new 2023 Acura Integra CVT. I've read good things about it. When I mentioned it to a friend of mine that is a little more informed about cars, he did mention that I should be very careful because:

1. higher tunes typically imply a sharp decrease in mpg
2. there's a danger of exploding my engine at higher tunes if I'm not a good driver (flooring it oddly)
3. even without catastrophic failure I'm potentially significantly decreasing the life expectancy of my car if I don't buy after market parts to compensate for the tunes.
4. I might be voiding my car warranty if I'm not careful if issues occur.

Everything on the site indicates that things have been "tested", but I wanted to get some feedback on what that means. Since the car isn't particularly old, what he said seemed to ring true insofar that it's very possible that these higher tunes could decrease the life expectancy of my car and decrease gas mileage. The ktuner site seems to indicate that everything is meant to be for off-roading only, even though it seems plenty of people use it for just a more fun daily drive.

So just wondering if there's any truth to the above or things I should be aware about?
Droide

Re: Safe for CVT's?

Post by Droide »

Hello how are you?

I can give you my humble opinion on the matter. I think that the features and functions that Ktuner can offer are an excellent complement to your vehicle. But like everything it has to be accompanied by a commitment on the part of the user. ktuner can offer you good tools, but you have to use them appropriately. There is the Ktuner Mapasa option as well as the possibility of obtaining personalized Maps. It is in your hands to go to a good tuner and to what extent you want to upgrade your vehicle. Comply with Maintenance Services. Do not go on skating trips. important things whether you are tuned in or not. The vehicle requires maintenance and maintenance. An aggressive driver will break or reduce the useful life of the vehicle, whether it is tuned or not. excellent week.
greetings
msjonesy

Post by msjonesy »

Droide wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:22 am Hello how are you?

I can give you my humble opinion on the matter. I think that the features and functions that Ktuner can offer are an excellent complement to your vehicle. But like everything it has to be accompanied by a commitment on the part of the user. ktuner can offer you good tools, but you have to use them appropriately. There is the Ktuner Mapasa option as well as the possibility of obtaining personalized Maps. It is in your hands to go to a good tuner and to what extent you want to upgrade your vehicle. Comply with Maintenance Services. Do not go on skating trips. important things whether you are tuned in or not. The vehicle requires maintenance and maintenance. An aggressive driver will break or reduce the useful life of the vehicle, whether it is tuned or not. excellent week.
greetings
Yea - I'm not planning to make any personalized maps nor am I planning to upgrade the vehicle. I'm basically you're average Joe that is interesting in using the default tunes, send the car to maintenance twice a year, and will floor the car on the highway from 30-80 or in city driving from 10-45. Since I'm clearly not much of a car person, I don't know if that equates to being a bad driver (especially on a tuned car) or if we're talking about going onto a backcountry road to race or going from 0-100 at a stoplight. Neither of which I'll pretty much ever do.

Essentially trying to understand the range of what "aggressive" means. What are skating trips?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you'd like to see the real world experiences of others I'd highly recommend this CivicX tuning experience and reliability thread.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/th ... els.42361/
Geraldindonn86

Post by Geraldindonn86 »

KTuner wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:50 pm If you'd like to see the real world experiences of others I'd highly recommend this CivicX tuning experience and reliability thread.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/th ... els.42361/
Thank you!

Return to “General Questions”