Suggestions for future model.

Ask your general questions about KTuner
San_gabriel

Suggestions for future model.

Post by San_gabriel »

(My vehicle: 2019 civic SI)

I don’t currently own a Ktuner V2. although I have examined the hardware/software I believe there is much room for improvement and will probably be skipping the current model until something new comes out or I go with a different option.

My biggest critique with the tuner is it’s outdated nature.

1# the obsolete mini USB connection... it’s 2020 and the standard is USB type C, nothing should be coming out with mini usb anymore.

#2 the display. It feels very cheap and unresponsive. Seems to be resistive touch instead of capacitive touch and the viewing angles are pretty bad. Resolution is also pretty low.

#3 internal hardware, storage, cpu, ram, etc. could be better.

#4 the design itself feels very retro sega genesis cartridge, does not fit well with any modern interior.

#5 and lastly the user interface. Feels like an old android 5.0 with a very basic and unattractive layout.

If only the developers would have put more effort into the actual specs and design rather than trying to make an “overly built” aluminum shell that serves no purpose, then I would have never given it a second thought.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for future model.

Post by KTuner »

Thanks for your feedback. It’s not a phone and we’re not Google with that level of manufacturing capabilities. We're actually a small business. Our competitor, which is a larger company, produces the "FlashPro" for comparison.

We do have an Android app with more elaborate layouts that can be used with phones or tablets, if you feel that’d be a better interface to work with. Check out TunerView!
andreionut_negulescu

Post by andreionut_negulescu »

I use the Ktuner V2 and I think that the very fact that it's so purist makes it special. I love the "overly designed" aluminium carcass, I like the fact that it doesn't have GorillaGlass or runs like an Android phone because it feels like a true engineering tool, not a geeky gadget. It's responsive enough for what you need to do with it and it's a nice addition to the interior, making it look more like an enthusiast's car.

Yeah ideally it should have USB-C but again, I didn't buy the Ktuner to play CandyCrush on it. I bought it to enjoy my car more, and I do 1000%. In this sense, I prefer to know that they invest their resources in improving the tunes, testing for long-term reliability and adding meaningful driving features like the OTF switching rather than making the new iPhone.

Honestly, keep it up guys, you make a remarkable product.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Much appreciated feedback. Thank you.

Return to “General Questions”