2005 Automatic rsx harness and ecu

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Ptkenyon21

2005 Automatic rsx harness and ecu

Post by Ptkenyon21 »

I am not new to the swap world, but i am new to ktuner..., and have used other softwares and am not afraid of wiring, depinning of ecus etc......
1998 ex sedan
K20a
TypeS trans
2005 rsx automatic ecu and harness

Will the automatic harness/ecu work from a donor 05 rsx base for use with ktuner in a 1998 civic? From what I have read the ecu needs to be retrofitted to work correctly with vss? Other softwares have a pinout and wires to hook up..... Any and all help would be great!!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2005 Automatic rsx harness and ecu

Post by KTuner »

You can use the base auto ECU. You will not have reverse lockout, as outlined on the RSX application page.

The AT harness should work, but verify anything you may need to move by reviewing pinouts for 05-06 RSX.

If the VSS connector is the correct one you don't need to change anything there.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:You can use the base auto ECU. You will not have reverse lockout, as outlined on the RSX application page.

The AT harness should work, but verify anything you may need to move by reviewing pinouts for 05-06 RSX.

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I may as well piggy back off this one. With my 38720-PND-A63 ECU, In order to utilize the reverse lockout on my AST5M 6 speed manual, I need to repin the signal from the stock (manual trans wiring) location of E2 to A11 & set the Intake Manifold Tuning to "Reverse Lockout" - is that correct?

Right now, it's set to A11

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:Yes
Thank you.

Return to “General Questions”