My experience with KTuner vs Hondata on 1.5T CVT (Touring)

Ask your general questions about KTuner
SilasWesley

My experience with KTuner vs Hondata on 1.5T CVT (Touring)

Post by SilasWesley »

Disclaimer: I am not a tuner in any way, so I can’t comment on the individual settings and abilities of each software. I just wanted to share my thoughts after trying both tuner’s Stage 2 tunes in case anybody else is trying to decide which tune to go for with their 1.5T CVT Accord. They are both solid options, are both easy to install, and each have their strengths.

Hondata was my first tune, and I was shocked at how much of a difference it made. It provides a huge boost in low end torque, which really makes passing and launching a more enjoyable experience. One concerning thing for me was that in the high RPM’s (5k+), the transmission seemed to be having a hard time finding the sweet spot for power. At first, it had me worried that the CVT was slipping. Overall, the Hondata tune gives a huge increase in power which feels exciting, but not the smoothest delivery. Also, while the large increase in low end torque is impressive, the limited research I’ve done seems to point towards high torque at low RPM’s as being what kills CVT’s. These 2 things combined is what persuaded me to try KTuner.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: My experience with KTuner vs Hondata on 1.5T CVT (Tourin

Post by KTuner »

We definitely try to make it enjoyable. Hopefully you're enjoying the other options in the software, too!

Return to “General Questions”