Question about stage 2 basemaps

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Csallzz4073

Question about stage 2 basemaps

Post by Csallzz4073 »

Hello guys I own a 2018 honda accord 1.5 T. I just got it and I was looking through the base maps and found three types of stage 2 options. Stage 2, stage 2 dual tune 1 and the last option of dual tune. I'm looking for the best performing base map so just testing each one out I started with stage 2 dual tune 1. I am enjoying the tune a lot and is a night and day difference but I'm wondering if this base map is different than the other two I listed. I'm ultimately looking for the best performing stage 2 base map in the end.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Question about stage 2 basemaps

Post by KTuner »

Glad you're enjoying so far.

The stage 2 portion of the tunes that identify as stage 2 are all the same tune: Stage 2, as outlined by the application page for the vehicle.
Csallzz4073

Post by Csallzz4073 »

Oh okay, I’m guessing just the economy mode is different from each stage 2 map.

I just have one more question since eco mode can be changed to stage 1 in dual tune (one of the two dual modes). Just in regular stage 2 is eco mode on stage 2 just like sport and normal mode is? And can I change throttle response and early spool in just plain stage 2? Thank you for your reply!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If it's stage 2 listed for all modes then it is stage 2 in all modes. ECO mode still numbs the throttle down a bit etc. Wide open throttle would be the same.

You can change any of the options available to you when you open the tunes up.

Return to “General Questions”