Bluetooth connection issues

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Honda4lyfe

Bluetooth connection issues

Post by Honda4lyfe »

Hello,

I am using the Ktuner V1.2 on my 2019 Accord running the stage 2.1 dual tune with no issues. Love it.

However, today I decided to do some datalogging via the tunerview app (on phone, not lite) and for some reason I cannot get the two to speak to one another. I had done it before when I first picked up the unit so I am at a bit of a loss.

When I try to pair via the tunerview connection menu or the ktuner menu I get a message along the lines of "cant connect with ktunerflashv1, make sure the unit is ready to pair"

The unit is flashing green, I am using the last 5 digits on the unit to try and pair and the protocol is correctly set. Am I missing something?

My phone is paired with my head unit when I attempt to connect, does it need to be disconnected? I tried to disconnect it but it re-pairs and I can't see having to unpair my phone completely to do some logs.

Any ideas?
Linszter

Re: Bluetooth connection issues

Post by Linszter »

Honda4lyfe wrote:Hello,

I am using the Ktuner V1.2 on my 2019 Accord running the stage 2.1 dual tune with no issues. Love it.

However, today I decided to do some datalogging via the tunerview app (on phone, not lite) and for some reason I cannot get the two to speak to one another. I had done it before when I first picked up the unit so I am at a bit of a loss.

When I try to pair via the tunerview connection menu or the ktuner menu I get a message along the lines of "cant connect with ktunerflashv1, make sure the unit is ready to pair"

The unit is flashing green, I am using the last 5 digits on the unit to try and pair and the protocol is correctly set. Am I missing something?

My phone is paired with my head unit when I attempt to connect, does it need to be disconnected? I tried to disconnect it but it re-pairs and I can't see having to unpair my phone completely to do some logs.

Any ideas?
Try to unpair the KTuner unit from the phone and repair it directly from the Android Bluetooth menu instead of from the app.
Honda4lyfe

Post by Honda4lyfe »

Thanks for the reply. Its a new phone so it has never been paired previously. I did also try connecting to the android bt before I posted and no luck... Sigh.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you see it listed when in Android Bluetooth Settings (Not the app) then everything is definitely functioning. If you bought it used someone could have changed the PIN settings via the KTuner software, which you can reset in the KTuner software. You can also disable the PIN or go Advanced which sets it to all zeros.
Honda4lyfe

Post by Honda4lyfe »

Thank you, I did purchase it new and don't recall changing the pin, but I'll try to reset the pin.
Honda4lyfe

Post by Honda4lyfe »

Resetting the pin worked. I tried to use the no pin option but I never asked me to enter the zeros nor did it connect.

Glad I can log again.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent.
Thasleem Thayyib

Post by Thasleem Thayyib »

hi,

Sorry to ask you in this thread.. But this is the first time I am using Ktuner and it is V1. Thought of using the tunerview app.. Could you please explain the process how to use it? I am planning to use with my phone as well.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

See the TunerView section of the online help for information and videos. The original V1 does not have bluetooth.
bubuson

Post by bubuson »

How do you reset the pin code?

Return to “General Questions”