AFR Fluctuation On Idle

Ask your general questions about KTuner
SystemInfinite

AFR Fluctuation On Idle

Post by SystemInfinite »

Whats up everyone! I have a 2019 Civic Si with the KTuner v1.2; no other engine mods. I have an Acuity pedal spacer, but I highly doubt that would cause any issues since it was on before the tune as well. Vehicle is currently tuned to the dual 19.5/23psi starter map, everything set to most aggressive settings although I will be turning the boost target ramp back down to level two (from disabled) for reliability/stress concerns, and may turn early spool off. Advanced VSA, Early Spool, and RevHang disable are all enabled as well.

Anyhow, the issue I'm having is that, at idle, the RPM's will fluctuate between 700 and 730, although I do believe that the car does this even on the stock, factory tune. The major "issue" I'm having is that the AFR will fluctuate between 14.2 and 15.4 consistently. It does not stay at 14.7 (or any other value) except for when driving at certain conditions. Is this really an issue? Or am I just being overly cautious?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: AFR Fluctuation On Idle

Post by KTuner »

AFR.CMD is what the ECU is commanding. You'll see STFT moving around to try to reach that target and subsequently causing AFR to move as well.

Return to “General Questions”