ECU occasionally resetting itself... i think

Ask your general questions about KTuner
mbrishke

ECU occasionally resetting itself... i think

Post by mbrishke »

so iv'e had my ktuner for over a year now, and don't get me wrong, i love his ecu. It's easy to use, and with a turbo and 900cc injectors my car still runs as smooth as stock. However, every now and then. I will go to start my car, and it just wont start, i know immediately its something with the ecu because normally it fires up well... just like stock. The only way to then get the car to start again, is to pull out my laptop, reflash back to stock, and then reflash my tune back onto the ecu. Luckily the first time this happened was in the driveway, so i have been keeping my laptop in the car ever since.

Don't get me wrong, this does not happen A LOT i think its happened 3 times over the last year. So i guess my question is.... Has anyone else had this problem? Or do i most likely have a short somewhere? or could it be the unit itself. I' sure there's plenty of reasons this could happen, But i figured i'd take a shot in the dark and see if its happened to anyone else, and if so, maybe there's a fix. I did get the unit from one of the tuners listed on your dealers page, and was also tuned by the same person. Not going to list his name because i don't want anyone to attach his name with this issue.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: ECU occasionally resetting itself... i think

Post by KTuner »

Reflashing would never actually correct this issue, as it'd be the same info on the ECU that was already there. Try instead just connecting and logging next time. If that allows it to start then we have something more to check on.

Return to “General Questions”