Tuning for Nitrous

Ask your general questions about KTuner
obtrunco

Tuning for Nitrous

Post by obtrunco »

Hi. My question is if tuning for nitrous, how does that affect daily driving when NOS is not in use?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Tuning for Nitrous

Post by KTuner »

I imagine you'll be using an output for nitrous. The adjustments would only be active when the output is active.
obtrunco

Post by obtrunco »

KTuner wrote:I imagine you'll be using an output for nitrous. The adjustments would only be active when the output is active.
:?:
How so? There would have to be some sort of feedback telling the ECU for example to retard the timing only on demand. But for what I understand about flashing ECU's is that those parameters will remain indefinitely unless re-flashed.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You did not specify your platform. If your platform doesn't have outputs available then you are limited to what you flash in. I can't tell you how that will effect the vehicle, as each vehicle is different. I don't know how you've tuned it to begin with or how much you're pulling out for Nitrous activity. You're going to have to test it and see for yourself. This is where a dyno comes in handy.
obtrunco

Post by obtrunco »

KTuner wrote:You did not specify your platform. If your platform doesn't have outputs available then you are limited to what you flash in. I can't tell you how that will effect the vehicle, as each vehicle is different. I don't know how you've tuned it to begin with or how much you're pulling out for Nitrous activity. You're going to have to test it and see for yourself. This is where a dyno comes in handy.
It's for a 2011 Honda Accord LX-S i4 . I am going to buy a KTuner regardless if I decide to install the NOS later in the year but I was thinking of putting a 50 to 75 shot. But I believe that the only pain in the butt is to drive the car around with the ECU in NOS mode when Nitrous is not in use. There is no switch that I know of that can tell it to retard on demand only if using NOS.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

At this moment you are correct.
obtrunco

Post by obtrunco »

:cry:

Return to “General Questions”