Base flash triggers all lights on dash

Ask your general questions about KTuner
TShann23

Base flash triggers all lights on dash

Post by TShann23 »

I recently got a Ktuner V2 and have flashed my 13 Acura TL with the base tune 4 and an increased rev limit to 7300. My car has every mod appropriate for the base tune 4. After the flash, I drove the car around for 5 mins in which the car drove perfect and more smooth. The moment I got on the on ramp, the car wouldn't go past 5000 RPM. All the lights and warnings on the dash turned on. Even when trying to turn off the car (VIA push button), the car would not shut off. The moment i disconnected it from my OBO port, the car was able to shut off. Car is back to normal after disconnecting the Ktuner. Did I do something wrong or the ECU just acting up because of the change? Cheers!

BTW: 3 years ago the dealer had to replace the whole wire harness with a brand new one. I don't know if that information is needed but just putting it out there :|
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base flash triggers all lights on dash

Post by KTuner »

Check the error code if you have one.

The unit can't prevent a shut off or control anything, as it's just a monitoring device any time other than flashing. If you were seeing live data it is all functioning properly. If you damaged the cable or port it can certainly affect the CAN bus system.

Return to “General Questions”