Limitations and Worries about Beta

Ask your general questions about KTuner
andreionut_negulescu

Limitations and Worries about Beta

Post by andreionut_negulescu »

Hello!

I have a EU-spec Civic 1.5, 5AN-E32 ECU, which is partially supported according to the Ktuner website.

When I check the tunes in the app, I have two options, normal, and beta. In the normal the dual tune has only three quick settings while in the beta, the dual tune has all of them available. I would like to know if using the beta is dangerous, or if it ruins any of the car's functions. Would it be safe to use the beta one, or should I stick to the normal one? I have been unable to find information on this matter.

Thank you very much in advance!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Limitations and Worries about Beta

Post by KTuner »

The beta may disable auto start/stop if your vehicle has it, which will have an error message on the dash.
andreionut_negulescu

KTuner wrote:The beta may disable auto start/stop if your vehicle has it, which will have an error message on the dash.
That's it? That's the only issue? I run no other risk, and everything else will work fine?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Correct. You'll have a full feature set, just no start/stop and will have the start/stop error.
andreionut_negulescu

KTuner wrote:Correct. You'll have a full feature set, just no start/stop and will have the start/stop error.
I've been using the v2 for almost a month now, and I can tell you guys have done simply an astounding job. I am loving the way it behaves, and the on-the-fly map switching is brilliant, because it's a way of ensuring that you don't ask more than you need of your engine when you're just running errands through the city.

I was thinking these days, could you explain why the EU models disable the Auto Start/Stop when using the Ktuner and the US models don't?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Thanks for the feedback and glad you're enjoying!

US models don't have start/stop.
andreionut_negulescu

KTuner wrote:Thanks for the feedback and glad you're enjoying!

US models don't have start/stop.
Oh it's that easy! Thanks a lot again! Wonderful product!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem!

Return to “General Questions”