TSX/ELEMENT compatibility question

Ask your general questions about KTuner
bongobennie

TSX/ELEMENT compatibility question

Post by bongobennie »

My goal is to build a swap using a 2004 TSX K24a2 along with ECU and sport shifter with the 5-speed automatic trans from the 2008 Element AWD. from what I can tell these transmissions are virtually the same from the outside. After repeated tries the local KTuner dealer in my area is not interested in new customers at this time so any shops near southern NV that can help me would be great, or if anyone can tell me a good resource for info and I can handle the wiring myself.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: TSX/ELEMENT compatibility question

Post by KTuner »

Swapped into what? Using which ECU?

There could potentially be challenges in mix-matching, but I can't say for sure what you'll run into. We don't support the AT 08 Element at this time.
bongobennie

Post by bongobennie »

It will be swapped into an Insight along with subframes and off road tires, ECU would be TSX.

My goal would be to have a TSX swap (sport shift included) but with proper gearing and shifts at redline.

If you know of any shop or even etuner that can figure this stuff out that would be nice as well.... my backup plan is full 05 Element swap from air cleaner to tires
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

05 Element is drive by cable, whereas the 08 and TSX are drive by wire electronically. That would have been the better choice to start with, honestly.

07-08 TSX ECU?
bongobennie

Post by bongobennie »

Its looking that way..... one more question. With 05 Element the Cruise control will work? That would be my only real question with it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Cruise likely won't work at all without all original stuff matched to the ECU

Return to “General Questions”