How can I make my 17 Civic turbo equal to the 18 Accords?

Ask your general questions about KTuner
Jaxx

How can I make my 17 Civic turbo equal to the 18 Accords?

Post by Jaxx »

Hi Jack here... newbie... I own the a 2017 Civic Coupe EX-T manual. How can I make my 2017 Civic 1.5t turbo 174 horsepower/167#' equal to the 2018 Accords 1.5t 192 horsepower/192#' turbo?

I'm thinking the engines are identical? Are they? All hardware the same... Or is there some differences?

Because I'm looking for only minimal change from Civic to Accord power my hope is this wouldn't affect my warranty? gas mileage?

Do I really need to spend $700 for a Hodata? Are there tuners here in southern Oregon/Way northern California that can flash the engine for me for fewer dollars?

Why don't I go for the Si power? Or even more power.. I don't want to lose my warranty or reliability. I just want to walk into a shop and for $100 get another 25 Hp seems reasonable if all it takes is 20 minutes and a reflash...

I think there'd be a huge market for this engine swap without the swap....

Or I'm way too newbie and no one is going to to do this without K&N filters and Royal Blue synthetics and new less restrictive exhaust pipes.. And a $1,000+...

Thanks, Jack
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How can I make my 17 Civic turbo equal to the 18 Accords

Post by KTuner »

There are differences.

You can tune your vehicle. We outline what stage 1 and stage 2 gains are with the dyno sheets on the application page for this vehicle.

This is KTuner, not Hondata, and we offer less expensive solutions. See both KTunerFlash options: http://www.KTuner.com/products
Jaxx

Post by Jaxx »

Thanks K Tuner!
Let me understand what your few words are telling me. I'm aware I might be putting words in your mouth..

The Accord 1.5t DOES have hardware differences.. BUT I can get that 25 horsepower from your product.
You know of no shops within 200 miles of the California Oregon border that can reflash this for me... I can't get it done for $100... I need to spend at least $450 at your store and I can do this myself?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes, there are great gains and drivability changes we make which will make it much more fun than the factory Accord.

Our dealer page has a searchable map. Select a distance and put in your location. A reflash is $299 or you can get a unit and do it yourself.

Return to “General Questions”