TPS readings

Turbogixxer

Re: TPS readings

Post by Turbogixxer »

Looking at logs, highest was 83% and all the stock cars were at 0% at closed
http://www.TurbogixxerTuning.com
DIRECT NepTune, Hondata, Haltech, KTuner, and Fuel Injector Clinic dealer.
Turbogixxer Tuning facebookTurbogixxerTuning on Instagram
GST2RSX-S

Post by GST2RSX-S »

Well, I don't know KTuner as of yet, but when I tune a car I make it sure the pedal floored is 100%; and car off without touching the pedal, it's 0%. On the throttlebody side, pedal floored should have the butterfly on the Throttlebody fully open, and not touching the pedal should have the butterfly completely closed.

If it's set exactly this way, you will make more power and idle correctly. In fact, you might make a few more FREE horses if you go and check and adjust yours. Also, when idling and using a IACV, the butterfly should be completely closed and allowing the IACV to do it's job. IACV=Idle Air Control Valve.

Lastly, TPS sensors are known to be hit or miss. I've heard as bad as 50/50. These are the aftermarket ones you find on ebay and elsewhere. The factory ones are perfect, but aren't sold seperately, to my knowledge.

Likely, it all started from a bad TPS sensor. If you've ever replaced your TPS sensor, then part of installing it correctly is getting it to read 0% and 100% properly. If it won't read correctly, toss it, and get another.

Hope that helps
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

@GST2RSX-S : I tried other RSX and they are all have ranging from 0 to 88-92 WOT.

on almost all GM car I tuned with drive by wire it's the same.

I thinking manufacturers build it from 0 to 90 degrees and not %
Ktuner Authorized Tuner
Precisionautocanada.com
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I can make the software see 80 as 100, that's simple enough, but I prefer accurate information as relayed by the ECU. Think about the WOT settings for TPS that are set to 74%. That's because 80% as a max was clearly planned.
snicklefritz

Post by snicklefritz »

I Had a new tps put in after throttle body and intake manifold install and the guy tuning it only got around 83-85% wot. At Any more than that it would bring up an error and go to 17% with it at wot. I dont know what % it was at closed throttle.
Does this sound off or is it normal?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As previously posted in this thread around 80% is normal for an RSX or K swap.
myblackhatch

Post by myblackhatch »

snicklefritz wrote:I Had a new tps put in after throttle body and intake manifold install and the guy tuning it only got around 83-85% wot. At Any more than that it would bring up an error and go to 17% with it at wot. I dont know what % it was at closed throttle.
Does this sound off or is it normal?

I am posting in this tread because it pulls first on google for the description of the problem I am having.

I was logging to make sure everything in the car was working correctly and as soon as you go WOT I got a cel. I was watching my live data and slowly applying throttle to the car works perfect until I get to 85% then the car just goes to 17% and stays there.
I ordered another tps and it does the same exact thing. also tried a B-series and also does the same thing.

Software issue? Whats the fix?
ktuner wrote:As previously posted in this thread around 80% is normal for an RSX or K swap.
why would it error if it goes over 85% to shows me a constant 17%?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You've exceeded voltage limits.
myblackhatch

Post by myblackhatch »

KTuner wrote:You've exceeded voltage limits.
Ok, good to know. I was able to get a b series to read 0- 82%. It's working so I'm going to go with it. Thanks again for the info. This I'm sure will help someone in the future.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem

Return to “KTuner Software”