Viewing Knock Retard in logs

Mada51589

Viewing Knock Retard in logs

Post by Mada51589 »

How come the Knock Retard values are not in the .csv (exported datalog)? I want to quickly and easily find where KR is happening. Currently having to watch for it while playing the datalog, and it’s rough sifting through a long datalog.

And KR is not an option to add as an analog/digital gauge, or add to a real time graph, in the KT software to make it easier to watch for. AFAIK, it’s only viewable in the data list...
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Viewing Knock Retard in logs

Post by KTuner »

Since Knock retard is a result of knock control and the knock retard tables, watch knock control.
Mada51589

Post by Mada51589 »

So what causes the knock retard field in the datalist to randomly populate a value when it’s almost always blank?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Not sure I follow you there. If it's in the list there would be a value while logging or playing back.
Mada51589

Post by Mada51589 »

Well, it's not actually blank, there is a 0... KR stays in the list and at zero most of the time and every once in a while a number will pop up. And then it goes back to 0.

If that's normal, then what does it mean when it does change from 0 to a number?

My understanding is that it's showing the amount of, and when, kr is being applied. I'm not concerned about the amount of kr that is being applied, I'm only interested in knowing **when**.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Depending on the application there are circumstances when knock retard is not applied, like idle, fuel cut, and certain others. You can graph all of that in the software and use map trace to see where that occurs and the surrounding conditions.
Mada51589

Post by Mada51589 »

Yeah, I got that going. I was only looking for it in the csv cause I was working on my own tables in excel. I work in excel all day so it’s what I really know. I know everything I need is there in the kt software, it just takes a little to get used to is all.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I'll see about adding it to CSV as well.
Mada51589

Post by Mada51589 »

It’s no big deal really, but it would be nice to have. Thanks for your help!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem

Return to “KTuner Software”