On The Fly Map Switching question

vctaillon

On The Fly Map Switching question

Post by vctaillon »

I've set up three tunes using the on the Fly drop down quick adjustments. The Tunes are 16.5 PSI, 18 PSI, 23 PSI. Each one is progressively more aggressive on the other settings. In the final boost table I've set the final boost level at 23 PSI. Not sure if this has an effect on anything. For each on the Fly psi level I set the turbo and throttle responsiveness more aggressive. I can switch to the three different Tunes using the cruise control buttons, but they're all seem to boost at the same level, 21 psi.. Is there an on the Fly only setting somewhere not sure what I did wrong here could you please explain the setup for this thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: On The Fly Map Switching question

Post by KTuner »

If you're at any elevation your targets will change.

The Final Boost table is outlined in the help. You should definitely read up on it before changing this table.
vctaillon

Post by vctaillon »

Thanks. The way it is explained in the help, you can switch to 3 different levels of tuning, boost levels and responsiveness levels.

Help says: "On the fly map switching allows you to switch between different boost targets and responsiveness levels. Three different levels can be setup currently.......Once you've setup your tune levels and flashed the vehicle on the fly map switching between the tunes is easy!"

So elevation trumps any of these settings? Please explain. I'd like it to work as shown in the help section. If tune 1 is set tp 16.5psi, boost no higher then 16.5psi, tune 2 18psi.... and so on.

After reading the final boost target help, I've set the final boost target to stage 2 default settings.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Elevation is part of your boost target tables, as atmospheric pressure is the top axis denoting the column values for the table lookup.

You may want to read up on relative pressure vs absolute pressure. The MAP value reads in absolute, where you may be making what you're targeting in relative.
vctaillon

Post by vctaillon »

Great, thanks for the info on relative pressures, atmos. has some effect. Initial question was on how the 3 tune option worked. At first I was selecting top out pressures of 16.5, 18, and 21 in each tune drop down, but it didn't take with on the fly road testing. Pressures for each tune topped out at 21. I figured out that the drop downs for each needs to be set to custom tune. In table is where it's at I can make the changes. I have 1, 2, with default tunes provided but bumped up tune 3 from 21 to 22.5 as in final target default in the final boost table. Works just fine now with each set to custom tune, plenty of power when needed!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can select the boost level in the pulldown, but must note that the area you're targeting on the boost table is going to be based on your atmospheric pressure.

Custom also works, as you can then set it up however you want to!

Return to “KTuner Software”