Custom PIDs?

WILLYum

Custom PIDs?

Post by WILLYum »

I have been using my KTuner v1 for a while and am currently in the process of building my own display using a Raspberry Pi.

I have access to the standard PIDs (ECT, cat temps, fuel trims, etc), but would also like to know the PIDs to call for the custom data the KTuner provides (gear, ECT2, knock control, etc).

I'm not experienced enough with the CAN bus to sniff and hand-calculate the bytes, so is there a list of custom PIDs you use to provide this data?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Custom PIDs?

Post by KTuner »

The items you seek do not have individual standard PIDs. We use Honda factory level protocols. That was a bit of work to figure out and decode, so we'd appreciate not RE'ing our selected data streams if you decide to tackle it.
WILLYum

Post by WILLYum »

Thanks for the reply!

RE? I am not familiar with that terminology.

Of course, I can infer that figuring out that data is no simple feat and I have no intentions of sharing your research beyond my own, personal application.

If you feel comfortable with letting me know a little more about the process, please PM me. If not, that's totally understandable.

EDIT: EDIT: I was unsure if you were saying no or asking to ensure discretion, I've edited my reply to account for either. Appreciate your time either way. :D
Last edited by WILLYum on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem. I wish more of these were standardized.
WILLYum

Post by WILLYum »

Oh, I get it now. Reverse Engineering. Silly me.

With that, I cower into my lack of CAN and Honda ECU knowledge. Sorry for the confusion lol
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

All good all good. It's fun to get into, especially if you have access to a dealer tool or scan tool that supports extended data. I'm sure you'll get there!

Return to “KTuner Software”