Initial Software Use Problems

husseinholland

Initial Software Use Problems

Post by husseinholland »

Background - this is for a K24 swap. The engine, wiring etc., is NOT installed in the car yet.

I just registered my UB (installed @ Xenocron)- Powered the ECU (12v pins A2-3, ground pins 4-5) & connected to my laptop. Registration went through, I closed that window & KTuner opened (eventually, loads very slowly) but I can't view or open any tunes.

The Help page says

"After connecting you’ll be asked to register the unit and lock the unit to the ECU. Once you do this you can upload and begin to manipulate the tune or parameter settings."

This did not happen. I did not get the popup shown Here

I want to play with the software before I get the swap done, which won't be until the Spring. I assumed I would be able to view & edit tunes once the ECU was registered. What am I missing here?

KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Initial Software Use Problems

Post by KTuner »

If it hasn't connected to the unit you likely didn't install the drivers. Once the unit is locked to an ECU you can see the files.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:If it hasn't connected to the unit you likely didn't install the drivers. Once the unit is locked to an ECU you can see the files.
Thanks for the reply. I saw the notes about Driver install - I incorrectly assumed that since it registered, it was recognized & didn’t need driver install. I will follow the driver install steps later today.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Got it. That should fix you up.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:Got it. That should fix you up.
Made progress. I tried downloading the driver, but the system said the driver in place was up to date.

Reconnected the ECU, and this time a got a different registration message - and after saying OK, I was able to download the online maps.

I looked in KTuner Units, and it shows the ECU

I opened the basic Accord K24 map, changed some settings and did a "Save As"

However, the download/upload settings are all greyed out, so I can't upload it to the ECU

The bottom of the screen alternates between "disconnected" and "authenticating"

I took the cover off, and the #3 LED is lit green

Not sure what I'm missing now :D
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Power down and try again. You're not connected in your photos.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:Power down and try again. You're not connected in your photos.
I’ve tried plugging in the USB first, then power & ground to the ECU, and vise-versa, it doesn’t change the fluctuations in the lower left.

Is it possible the ECU needs power to more than the two main a2-a3 connections? Those are the only ones Xenocron told me to connect?

Should I be able to do this with just the USB connection? Isn’t this somewhat akin to an ostrich 2 (emulator) where the flash is held on the UserBoard, or is it flashing a chip on the motherboard?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

A2 and A4 are all that's necessary to power the ECU up. If you get a good LED status you can then connect.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:A2 and A4 are all that's necessary to power the ECU up. If you get a good LED status you can then connect.
Ok. Having a little confusion looking at the chart

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/hardwa ... 3D&mw=MzM1

as to what / which leds should be lit (and what mode - steady, flashing, etc) if connection is good.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

See the explanations below the table.

Return to “KTuner Software”