Initial Software Use Problems

husseinholland

Re: Initial Software Use Problems

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:We don't outlined the changes made to tune files.
I understand not providing specific / precise details. It’s safe to assume that it improves performance over the stock tune/ cam & valve timing which is geared more for emissions?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Tunes are meant to take advantage of what the engine has to offer.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Switched Laptops Toshiba, running Windows 7, now registration says was updated, however the K-tuner unit does not show up under Tools, and no tunes are available. Also upload/download arrows are greyed out so I can't download the tune I already installed.

Drivers showed as being installed when I installed the software, however I don't know where to check to confirm that - I'm normally a Mac user.

ECU flashes green 3 & 4 diodes, with key on & USB connected but app says disconnected at bottom of window .

Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You have to connect to it. Check device manager with the unit plugged in for driver status.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:You have to connect to it. Check device manager with the unit plugged in for driver status.
Thank you -I'll try that.

One other question - with the update laptop pop-up - is the password the same as the K-Tuner.com account? Or is it a separate account? I'm not sure what the password for that would be if it's different.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's the one you created your account in the software with. You don't need to re-enter it. Simply hit update.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Reinstalled the app with the ECU connected & powered, and this time I got several prompts to install drivers. After thatit's all good

Then I was able to download the tune I modded last year.

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Now that's taken care of, I can't recall how to access the basemaps :D

Looking at my earlier post from last year, I opened "BaseMap Creator", however I can't find any reference to it in the online KTunerHelp manual. Should it be under File/Open...? Not sure where to navigate to to locate them. I going to assume the ECU has to be powered & connected to the laptop, with internet access in order for them to show up? I tried just from the laptop in the house, and nothing came up.

Apologies for all the newb questions

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

File>New.

Return to “KTuner Software”