Firmware update

Mada51589

Firmware update

Post by Mada51589 »

I just updated my V2 Touch, I guess the one sent out yesterday or this morning, and I had to unlock and reconnect to my ECM before I could flash... it wouldn’t get past the authorization part... Anyone else reporting this issue?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Firmware update

Post by KTuner »

No, but if you ever see that you can always just unplug it so it doesn't have power then plug it back in to reset the unit in full.
Mada51589

Post by Mada51589 »

Yeah, I tried that. I had it unplugged from the car and from my laptop, waited about 10 sec, plugged it back into their car, only, still failed. I plugged it back into my laptop and tried to flash from my laptop and it still failed. I cycled the car on and off several times within the midst. I was very surprised to see that it flashed back to factory. But, like I said, after unlocking and relocking from ecm it worked fine.

I said it was my car, but it was actually my friends and HIS V2 Touch. I haven’t updated my unit yet since I’m unable to use it in my car until I get my new OBDII Cable. He’s never had a problem with his before, but we’ll see how mine works out when my cable gets in. He has his cable tucked in, or else I would’ve used it to test my unit in my car. :roll:
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Oh you mean authorization on the screen? Or in the software?

What was the error it said on the screen?
Mada51589

Post by Mada51589 »

Dang, I just now checked back on this and I've already forgotten the exact error message it displayed, but it was on the tuner's screen. Even when I was trying to "Flash Now" from my laptop, the error message appeared on the tuner's screen. I'm usually good with taking pictures of error messages when basic troubleshooting fails, like when I had the issue with device layouts months ago, but this time I didn't.

I updated my V2 Touch on Friday, when my OBD cable came in, and I didn't have any issues.

I guess this was probably caused by me using my laptop, with my tunes, on his tuner.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You tried to flash your vehicle with his device when it was locked to his car? Ya, that won't work. Or I'm just not getting what you're saying.

Return to “KTuner Software”