Idle learn procedure?

iphlye

Idle learn procedure?

Post by iphlye »

Hey guys,

Question about a hunting idle. My car is fully tuned and runs great. Only complaint right now is a hunting idle from time to time. Most times I idle around 1300 when it's warm, but it will occasionally fall to 1000rpm or so. The IACV is deleted, thus the higher idle.

Question, does the ECM need to relearn the idle after every tune reflash? I usually tweak a setting here and there once a week or so and reflash without doing the idle learn procedure. Just wondering if that is contributing to the idle issues?

Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Idle learn procedure?

Post by KTuner »

If the IACV is deleted then the idle learn procedure is not relevant. You haven't mentioned your platform, but I imagine you're using the PRB codebase. You can use the idle ignition parameters to control your idle and you need to make sure to calibrate the TPS while closed.
iphlye

Post by iphlye »

Ok thanks for the clarification. RSX platform with a frank build. I always select the option to calibrate TPS >.5% for IACV delete, then uploade the tune. Is there a need to do anything in real time with the motor running?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

>.5% will keep you out of the idle zone, throwing the ignition from the ignition table at it. 0% will allow you to use the idle ignition to control idle to suit your needs. Which route you take is entirely up to you, but you have full control. Real-time can be used to tune the ignition map in the idle area if operating with >.5%.
iphlye

Post by iphlye »

Ahh ok. I'll try the other method to see if I like the idle ignition results better. Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem. You will likely have to alter the values there to get it where you want it without IACV. Trial and error at this point.

Return to “KTuner Software”