Cranking Fuel, and rpm fall rate

iphlye

Cranking Fuel, and rpm fall rate

Post by iphlye »

Hey guys,

Looking to get a little help adjusting the cranking fuel settings. My motor is fully tuned, but I'm looking to adjust my cranking fuel. Usually the motor turns over 4-5 times before lighting off when it's cold, slightly better when warm. Do I need to adjust ECT or IAT cranking fuel tables? I have inputs from both sensors. The default values are negative under each temp value. Not sure which way I should adjust these values, or by how much. I'm guessing I just need to enrich cranking fuel a bit.

Another area I would like to clean up a bit is how fast the rpm's fall in between gear shifts when the clutch is depressed. I've got a balanced rotating assembly and lightweight flywheel, so it seems to decelerate much quicker than stock. How could I slow down or smooth out that rate?

Thanks guys!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Cranking Fuel, and rpm fall rate

Post by KTuner »

If you're not getting enough fuel you'd want to add and if you're getting too much you'll want to subtract. You will need to figure out what direction is needed to reach your cranking goal.

You have control over fuel cut settings and fuel cut delay. If you have a drive by wire setup then you can also control overrun throttle compensation.
iphlye

Post by iphlye »

Ok, thanks for the reply. To add fuel, I'll Increase the cranking fuel values, which will decrease the negative value.

I'm not DBW, just a hybrid racing TB and IACV delete. So, perhaps increasing the fuel cut delay will smooth out the fall a bit?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Try it!

Not cutting fuel as quickly should help a bit.

Return to “KTuner Software”