Large Base Tip in Retard AC on

kawzx7

Large Base Tip in Retard AC on

Post by kawzx7 »

Well, up until the hot weather hit, my car was almost perfect for my driving style just using the fuel cut and dbw maps. Now, with AC a necessity, the jerkiness is such a pain! I have to rev it like an F1 driver to get a smooth 1-2 and sometimes 2-3 shift.

So, I take it this setting for AC on is to help counteract such? What are the units (ms, %, etc.), and what are the recommended settings? I went with a combo of fuel cut delay settings, and AC on tip retard 15 across the board. Really calmed it down, but wanted to ask before I went too high number wise (which I understand to be more retard) to cause an issue.

Looking forward to your response. I have put over 1500 miles on this car testing and tuning, that's OCD for ya! ;-)

Thanks,
Chris
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Large Base Tip in Retard AC on

Post by KTuner »

TPS Tip-in is when you "mash" the throttle. Retard is ignition retard applied during that scenario, based on how much the throttle changes.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

KTuner wrote:TPS Tip-in is when you "mash" the throttle. Retard is ignition retard applied during that scenario, based on how much the throttle changes.
Definitely not mashing the throttle, but I did notice a difference in shift smoothness. Much more relaxed gear changes. Any thoughts on values that would be considered too high to be safe?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The factory values are actually good. If you've altered the overrun throttle compensation you may want to consider adjusting that, since it creates the padding you appear to be seeking.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

Yes, tried 30-45, didn't do the trick. The car is absolutely perfect with my settings for AC off. All goes to sheet with AC on. I get there's drag on the engine, but man 1-2 is abrupt especially.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

I was going the wrong way. -3 across the board on large throttle tip in AC on is shifting perfection. 0 on small.

Air on or off, that car shifts smother than an auto now. Just took a little bit of tweaking. Did away with fuel cut all together (RPM to engage fuel cut set to 6500).

I am able to shift at 3-3500 1st to 2nd with no bucking AC on, and especially when off. Having to rev to 4-5 grand just to get a smooth shift is just asking for trouble around here.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I hear that.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

Can you please explain so I'm clear:

Large base tip in retard AC on ---

Positive values are for ______ing ignition at tip in
Negative values are for _____ing ignition at tip in
Are the units degrees or percent?

Gear multiplier is used for ________
Why are the values heavily negative on the 5th and 6th gear multiplier? Degrees or percent? Does that allow me to do tip in by gear like hondata does?

Thanks for the help.

Chris
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It does say "Tip-In Retard" right in the description and the values are labeled as "Retard" right in the boxes. It is degrees.

Gear multiplier is a multiplier by gear for tip-in. Percentage. -100% adjustment means it's pulling 100%, so no retard would be applied. 0 means no adjustment is applied, so it will apply the set retard in those gears... etc

I don't know what Hondata has. This is a factory setting.
kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

So then positive tip in values are retard, and negative values are advance? That's what I was trying to confirm.

Return to “KTuner Software”