Cannot Download or Open a Basemap

MartinT

Cannot Download or Open a Basemap

Post by MartinT »

I was on the beta program for the UK spec 2013 CR-Z where James remoted into my car. I have now only just got to using KTuner in anger. I have updated it to v1.0.4.1.

What's happening is that I can neither download the map from my car (the download arrow is greyed out) or open (with File | New Tune) any base maps: the 11-15 CR-Z shows but expanding the tree offers no files. I have checked that KTuner is locked to my ECU (an RTZ-E02). How do I get started?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Download or Open a Basemap

Post by KTuner »

I'll reply to your email.
MartinT

Post by MartinT »

Thanks, file received. I shall try it later and report back.
MartinT

Post by MartinT »

As I wrote in CR-Z Forum after adjusting the VTEC cut-in to 3500rpm and cut-out to 3200rpm:
I had a lovely fast run today, trying to determine whether the VTEC adjustment makes a big difference. It doesn't. The effect is very subtle - there is a nice free-revving nature above the cut-in revs but it just eases in rather than having a kick or any feeling of the VTEC having cut-in. It's because it's not like other VTECs, there is no change of cam profile, only opening one intake valve fully.

I would guess, without having done any timing, that I've gained a couple of tenths in 50-70 acceleration and somewhat more in 70-90. I've also verified that when I set cruise control to 85 in 6th, the revs are below that required to cut-in VTEC so I should not lose economy on my daily commute.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Hopefully you find the sweet spot, likely with a full tuning session.
MartinT

Post by MartinT »

One more post about changing the VTEC points: it is worth doing even if the effect is subtle. On my blast to work this morning the car was definitely perkier over 3000rpm and wants to rev freely to the red line. I think that re-flashing the ECU requires a little time afterwards for the adaptive stuff to 'learn' again and now it seems to be on song.

Return to “KTuner Software”