Viewing other engine tunes once locked to ECU

dopes6070

Viewing other engine tunes once locked to ECU

Post by dopes6070 »

Hello I am doing a J37A4 (TL SH-AWD) engine swap in my 2013 ridgeline and want to be able to adjust my maps so I can safely get to my tuner without running lean or detonation.

I would like to be able to load a stock TL tune in the software just to get an idea of where the settings should be, but the only thing available when I go to load a tune is the stock ridgeline J35Z5 file. I am guessing this is due to my ECU being locked to Ktuner. I know that I cannot flash the TL tune to my ecu as it would mess up many other systems in the car. Is this why its limited when your locked to an ECU? Do I need to just temporarily unlock it so I can see what I need to see?

Thanks for the support to a once neglected community.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Viewing other engine tunes once locked to ECU

Post by KTuner »

You're only going to see your locked ECU. Another tune won't benefit you. You have, I'm guessing, your factory air intake system which your stock tune is specifically designed for. You can get it tuned from there.
dopes6070

Post by dopes6070 »

I have a complete J37A4 with intake mani and TB that I am going to be installing in the coming weeks. I'm apprehensive to run the 3.7 on the stock 3.5 tune even for a short 80 mile drive for fear of blowing my new toy.

The intake is going to remain stock but I have pre-cat deletes and a J-pipe going in at the same time as the engine swap.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As long as you have the Ridgeline intake and MAF the ECU will deliver the right amount of fuel. As far as timing goes if you're just cruising you'll be fine and on top of that the ECU will pull timing if it hears any noise from the knock sensor. If you're super concerned send me a datalog of light cruising and I'll let you know how it's running.
dopes6070

Post by dopes6070 »

Ok sounds good! I didnt realize the MAF would keep it safe enough. Obviously I wont be tearing down the streets until after my tuner visit. I appreciate the spoon feeding as I am still learing about all this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Fueling is tuned to the MAF flow so as long as you still retain that intake and MAF setup the fueling should be on point with this ECU!

Return to “KTuner Software”