some bug reports

monet

some bug reports

Post by monet »

Hi,

I noticed some bugs in the Ktuner software. I hope the next release can fix those. FYI: My car is a 2015 Accord V6.

1. Inconsistent items in tune maps.

The default tune map in the Main panel has these items (has no fuel map):

... but if you create a new tune map in a new panel, it contains fewer items (but has the fuel map):

2. The fuel map doesn't work.

Even if fuel map is shown from the drop down, if you choose it, it will not show anything in the table. For example, the following table used to show Ignition. After I selected "Fuel", it's still showing Ignition:

3. Problems entering a decimal point in tune map.

There is no way you can enter a decimal point in the tune map slots directly:

The only way to enter a decimal point is to use the "Adjust Selected" window:

... but when you entered the number, it will be rounded and shown in the table as a whole number:

... Until you refresh the table by choosing the table again from the dropdown, the decimal point will be shown:

4. Null pointer exception if you delete a tune map immediately after creating it in a new panel:

Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: some bug reports

Post by KTuner »

Thanks for the feedback. Not every platform has the same type of maps. The list will change based on what type of file you open.

All fixed for the next release. Thanks.
monet

Post by monet »

I understand different platform has different type of maps. I guess the reason I was confused was, the tables seem to update the "type list" only if you load a tune AFTER the tuning map has been created. To show the difference, try doing the two things (load a tune and create a tuning map) in opposite orders:

1. Load a tune, then create a tuning map. Look at the dropdown list. It will show a default list (Ignition, Fuel, Knock limit...), which is not really the types available in the loaded tune. Not quite right from a user's perspective.

2. Create a tuning map, then load a tune. Look at the dropdown list. You will see the map types matching the tune. This is alright.

So I guess the bug really is that if you create a tuning map, it's not loading the map type list from the opened tune, thus still showing a default type list.

KTuner wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Not every platform has the same type of maps. The list will change based on what type of file you open. The user will be confused because he expects the new tuning map to show the types available for his car. He may not know that he has to reload the tune in order to show the correct type list.

All fixed for the next release. Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote:All fixed for the next release. Thanks.
No further details necessary. :)
monet

Post by monet »

Nice. I just thought I haven't been clear about the first issue. Thanks you!

KTuner wrote:
KTuner wrote:All fixed for the next release. Thanks.
No further details necessary. :)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Oh no, I got it!
monet

Post by monet »

Another issue, maybe related to the rounding issue. If I copy some fractional numbers and paste them, I may get a different number. It's not rounded, but may be off by 0.1. It happens only in some table slots, but not others. For example this happens with the 19.7 near the bottom right corner of the ignition table.

Maybe this is already fixed, but I just put it down here to be helpful.

kawzx7

Post by kawzx7 »

.......And all the i4 has is DBW final. :(
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Not all platforms have the same factory tables.

Return to “KTuner Software”