Reflash Issues

husseinholland

Reflash Issues

Post by husseinholland »

So... new problem. After going back & forth with the idle issues & the P0511 error codes, I reflashed the ECU with P0511 disabled until my new IACV comes later in the week (The check eng light is on permanently otherwise).

The problem is, the flash did not complete - it said it was, however after the two key off/ key on prompts at the end, I did not get the pump prime with the key back on, and it wouldn 't start.

I couldn't then communicate with the ECU after multiple attempts, including disconnecting the car battery, restarting the laptop & Tuner app , and had to do a "recover ECU". After that, the engine starts, but will not rev at all, it goes completely flat (very lean) as soon as the motor is revved.

I tried reflashing the ECU with another tune, that made no difference.

Not sure where to go next. Once again, this all started when I reflashed with the P0511 code disabled, yesterday and earlier today it started and ran just fine.

Any suggestions would be great. Is there another ECU reset procedure?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Reflash Issues

Post by KTuner »

If you can flash recovery, you can flash a tune. Reset with no power and connect to it freshly.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:If you can flash recovery, you can flash a tune. Reset with no power and connect to it freshly.
Thank you. That worked out, and I have it reflashed.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent.

Return to “KTuner Software”