Actual ignition timing

RABOOST

Actual ignition timing

Post by RABOOST »

Did some dataloging today and noticed that my ACTUAL ignition timing is taking off -11 degrees on multiple RPM and load points thru out my ignition maps.
I have knock sensor disabled and using an after market knock head phones because I have forged pistons and do not want to confuse my OEM knock sensor of ghost knocks.

My question is this, by clicking disable knock sensor on the main parameter does this completely disable knock reading and capability of the ecu or do I still need to disable knock limitation by setting the values to 60 at the same time according to the little description under IAT ignition compensation table????

I do not want the factory ECU retarding my ignition what so ever and I want to tune knock my self using knock head phones and IAT ignition temp compensation ONLY! I want RAW ignition values with no alterations from the ECU what so ever on part throttle and high load conditions.
dropdead

Re: Actual ignition timing

Post by dropdead »

RABOOST wrote:My question is this, by clicking disable knock sensor on the main parameter does this completely disable knock reading and capability of the ecu
nope.
RABOOST wrote:or do I still need to disable knock limitation by setting the values to 60 at the same time according to the little description under IAT ignition compensation table????
yep.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

^As he said.

Regardless of the knock sensor being enabled the knock table logic is still doing its own separate thing until you disable it as well.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK the inevitable and logical follow up question is this:

1. WHY THE HECK, did you guys even have a check box to disable knock sensor if it will still NOT disable knock sensor readings and function?????? :?
What is even the purpose of unchecking and checking the knock disable box then?

2. As long as I set everything to 60 is there any other adjustment I need to do to completely eliminate knock functions 100% like knock sensitivity etc etc???

3. I know for a FACT that OEM S2000 engines are forged pistons from factory and have knock sensor, is there a suggested sensitivity calibration KTUNER can suggest or provide as a guide to having knock feedback on fully built engines with forged pistons? If Honda can do it why can't KTUNER not, correct?

I know for a fact if I enable the knock sensor I will get all sorts of ghost knock specially on high load because my downpipe is hitting part of my sub frame and will be fixed soon after a new custom downpipe welded in but I want to eventually use Knock capability after everything is tuned 100%
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You misread my post. Knock sensor feedback and misfire monitor are separate from Knock Ignition Limit tables and have their own functionality. You need to disable them all individually.

This is a tuning platform, you need to tune it or have it tuned by a professional to meet your needs and individual build requirements.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Which is why it is very important to have a DETAILED list of all the parameters and functions on the Help menu of the software just like Hondata man! I'm telling you this is very time consuming to ask every little detail even from an experienced tuner because the general public does not know how you wrote the logic of the program. I know its time consuming for your part to make this "HOW TO" list but its a necessity. Imagine buying a very complicated machine or electronic device that you have never used in your life and does not come with any detailed instructions of the functions of every button!

I love new products like K tuner but this can all be answered without going to this forum every single time if you had this built in the software. Even HALTECH has detailed functions that will pop up on the lower left corner so that it will remind you or tell you what that particular parameter does. Please do not take this in offense but more of a constructive criticism man. Thanks again and please be patient because I have a LOT more questions coming because again, we DON'T have a detailed list on HELP menu of the software.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Not offended. I know the Help needs additions and I'm actively seeking someone who can help to write it.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/index.html

^^ why can't we just have something like this man? Im very well versed in EFI tuning and have professional schooling in tuning man. Im not trying to sound cocky here just stating fact because I want to keep using this software and really be an expert on this new device but it makes it 100x harder to master without some sort of detailed list and guide, Im not asking how to tune a car but merely asking the logic of every single parameter. Every software is different and functions will vary even thou this is very familiar to me because of the great similarity to how HONDATA wrote their program even the lay out but I would appreciate it if you took time to write something like the link above man, trust me people will ask a LOT less questions in this forum if you did have that in the HELP menu.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

"I'm actively seeking someone who can help to write it" - KTUNER

Bro If you compensate me enough $$$ or work out a deal with me I will be willing to write the description and lay out for you! It just has to be worth my while because I know these things take time to write, PM me if you are interested in my help and maybe we can work something out man Im open to make a deal.
Last edited by RABOOST on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK here is the follow up question on Knock sensor, lets say I only disable the knock sensor under parameter check box.. Will I still be able to see any knock readings on the datalog since I did not set it to 60?

Return to “KTuner Software”