More Tune Options?

RayDHD

More Tune Options?

Post by RayDHD »

I finally received my Ktuner from a delayed shipment. I was very happy to start tuning my Civic sport CVT :). I went through the tuning process and drove the car for about 10min. I changed the throttle response to II, but thats about all I did besides the 1 tune option that was in the application. I was a bit disappointed to see that other vehicles have multiple tunes(maps? Stage1/2), when mine only has 1(Tune 1). Is this because it is a 2019 vehicle and you guys are still doing tests? Or is it because CVT limits these options?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: More Tune Options?

Post by KTuner »

You didn't mention what engine so I'm guessing it's the NA 2.0. Most vehicles with multiple tunes listed are turbo or had parts available that required differences in tuning to utilize them. Since we list the tunes available for each application right on each application page, it should never come as a shock.
RayDHD

Post by RayDHD »

Yea it is a 2.0. I don't know much about tuning so I had to ask. It's all a bit confusing to me. So basically the 1 tune i have available to me is the best tune I can get for the most power I can get?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're welcome to get a custom tune, but that is the best all around option we can offer while still keeping it conservative.
RayDHD

Post by RayDHD »

Maybe in the near future. For now, I'll try to enjoy these power gains as much as possible. Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem!

Return to “KTuner Software”