Ktuner Slots

n0chance

Ktuner Slots

Post by n0chance »

Hi,

I am using Ktuner 1.2 and was able successfully flash my car's ECU with a basemap. What is the purpose of flashing it to the one of five slots on the Ktuner hardware, if you always need to use your PC to flash the car's ECU anyway?

Thanks!
Linszter

Re: Ktuner Slots

Post by Linszter »

You can flash the stored tunes with the TunerView Android app.
n0chance

Post by n0chance »

I assume that’s what the bluetooth is for? you can connect the TuneViewer app to the Ktuner hardware via bluetooth (instead of usb) and flash the ECU from one of the tune slots? That seems convenient.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

n0chance wrote:I assume that’s what the bluetooth is for? you can connect the TuneViewer app to the Ktuner hardware via bluetooth (instead of usb) and flash the ECU from one of the tune slots? That seems convenient.
Correct. Also you can start/stop onboard logging and display all the data realtime.
trialsguy

Post by trialsguy »

Linszter wrote:
n0chance wrote:I assume that’s what the bluetooth is for? you can connect the TuneViewer app to the Ktuner hardware via bluetooth (instead of usb) and flash the ECU from one of the tune slots? That seems convenient.
Correct. Also you can start/stop onboard logging and display all the data realtime.
So, do I need to first hook up the computer and then select upload base code and then select one of the 1st three slots? Then does the ktuner store those so that when I access it with Tunerview the tunes are there?

Thanks.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

trialsguy wrote: So, do I need to first hook up the computer and then select upload base code and then select one of the 1st three slots? Then does the ktuner store those so that when I access it with Tunerview the tunes are there?

Thanks.
Yes, correct. You need to upload the tune to the slot with a PC. Once you have tunes stored in the slots, you can flash them with TunerView.

Return to “KTuner Software”