OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE AND SUGGESTIONS!

RABOOST

OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE AND SUGGESTIONS!

Post by RABOOST »

I'm starting this thread for anybody that wants to suggest additional options and features to the Ktuner software. I find a lot of things that are lacking in the KTUNER that can be greatly improved so I hope this is a start of great thread and not to be taken as an offense to Ktuner software writers.

Things I want added to software:

1. Detailed options for Flex fuel like boost controlled flex fuel connected to the boost solenoid to have an automatic high and low boost depending on ethanol content.
2. Real time LIVE dead time values to injectors (Saves soooo much time!)
3. Aftermarket wideband input option to be used as the primary O2 sensor (Saves cost of having two 02 sensors and bungs welded on swap cars)
4. Anti theft protection to disable ECU ( step on gas pedal, switch ac, ps switch etc etc before starting the car )

these are just some of the things I would like to suggest to Ktuner.
Last edited by RABOOST on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Official Software upgrade and option suggestions!

Post by KTuner »

Thanks for the suggestions. 1 and 4 have been in testing.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

A detailed description of every single parameter and what it does would also be great to have in the HELP menu of the software. Its hard to understand some logic and numbers like Tip in values of 5200 at 500 RPM, and ETC fuel cranking values of -80% as an example. Would like to know what all these values mean and the effects of it when changed.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Another VERY IMPORTANT feature I would suggest and I'm sure it wont be very difficult to add is a LEAN PROTECTION using the factory wideband O2 signal, I know the resolution of the factory wideband is not very accurate past 11's AFR but atleast have a lean protection of high 13's or 14's AFR specially on a boosted engine.

So for example: Any WOT pull with AFR leaner than 13.5 pass say 5 PSI will automatically hit BOOST CUT protection in the event of injector failure or during a WOT pull. I have personal experience on my engine actually being saved by lean protection on a boosted car when one of my injectors failed after driving a couple of years on the same tune.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

RABOOST wrote:Another VERY IMPORTANT feature I would suggest and I'm sure it wont be very difficult to add is a LEAN PROTECTION using the factory wideband O2 signal, I know the resolution of the factory wideband is not very accurate past 11's AFR but atleast have a lean protection of high 13's or 14's AFR specially on a boosted engine.

So for example: Any WOT pull with AFR leaner than 13.5 pass say 5 PSI will automatically hit BOOST CUT protection in the event of injector failure or during a WOT pull. I have personal experience on my engine actually being saved by lean protection on a boosted car when one of my injectors failed after driving a couple of years on the same tune.
I second this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE AND SUGGESTIONS!

Post by KTuner »

That's definitely getting added.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

A lot of even all motor guys will benefit from LEAN PROTECTION because most all motor engines will not run well leaner than 14's AFR anyways on WOT.

By the way if there is a way to make this a "STICKY" by the moderator so that we get more suggestions in the future. thanks
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

How about a general TUNING topic dedicated to in depth EFI tuning? I do not see a dedicated section for that. It should have tuning maps of different tuners novice and pro a like that can be viewed or downloaded with maybe some dyno graphs so we can all share our knowledge to improve our cars and skills.

For example, I would like to know how much ignition timing are tuners adding in the winter blend E60-E65 before no more power or knock occurs this time of the year ETC ETC. This will greatly improve everybody's knowledge in EFI tuning. Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Tuners that want to share their maps have those maps added into the software. As you can see there's not many that share. :)
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

KTuner wrote:That's definitely getting added.
Do you have any news? :)

Return to “KTuner Software”