some bug reports/feature requests

dropdead

some bug reports/feature requests

Post by dropdead »

hey there,
I have some questions regarding KTuner software.

it doesn't remember some settings - mph/kph preference, gas type and lambda overlay target. they reset to default values after each KTuner restart. I've tried reinstalling the KTuner software and tried to run it with administrator rights with no luck. same problem on 2 different PCs, so I guess it's a software bug.

I've used K-Pro before and would like to see some cool features from it, like lean protection and different colors for edited table cells - they make tuning much easier.

Hondata Traction Control support would be great.

also I would like to see "flash mil on knock" feature, it has been discussed here - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=66 - and you've said that "That's standard with the 05-06 ECUs.", but my MIL doesn't flash when engine knocks. I am using a 05-06 PND ECU from base auto RSX.

thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: some bug reports/feature requests

Post by KTuner »

If your settings aren't saving then Windows is not allowing the software to save a preference file. You will need to figure out what in your permissions would be preventing that.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely check into some of those!

Knock control is always moving around to adjust for noise. Once the ECU decides it's severe enough it does flash on knock.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

umm, I think I should have put more clarification in my first post.
I don't have any problems with all other settings like tunes/datalog folders, pressure units, wideband logging minumum speed/throttle/etc, their values are saved and don't reset on every software restart. it's just mph/kph, gas type and lambda overlay target bug, so I guess it's unrelated to permissions :roll:
KTuner wrote:Once the ECU decides it's severe enough it does flash on knock.
do you have any formal description of knock MIL flash logic?
for example - with K-Pro MIL briefly flashes for every knock count increase, does KTuner behave differently?

thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's all saved at the same time in the same file. :) Feel free to send me your KTuner Prefs file via email and I'll look for an anomaly.

For every knock count? That seems excessive. This retains factory logic where it will blink if there's actually knock level events or knock count that increases in succession where knock control is unable to correct it. It will not blink if it's just a knock count or two from noise along the sensitivity threshold.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

sent you an email with my prefs file.

will MIL flash on knock if I've disabled stock knock control logic (set all values in Knock Ignition Limit table to 60)?
also, is it possible to add voltage from knock sensor or knock level to data list/graphs?

thank you
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you disable Misfire Monitor it will not flash.

I'll look into adding additional knock values to logging.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

is it possible to alter cam angle indices?

they are different in base calibrations, and I can't find how to change them.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You do not need to use PND base code just because you have a PND ECU. You can flash the ECU with the PRB basecode if that's what you're looking to do.

Return to “KTuner Software”