KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Updating Software

Post by KTuner »

No problem.
barnadc5

Post by barnadc5 »

I'm on basemap #2. I'm trying to uploadl basemap #3 but it's not working. It say there is a new update for ktuner. Is that the solution?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you have the map open you should be able to flash the vehicle if you're connected. A new update being available will not prevent you from flashing. Double check that the hardware is seated correctly and that neither header has come loose.
barnadc5

Post by barnadc5 »

Everytime I try to upload basemap #3. I get a pop up that say erase failed. Please restart the ecu and ktuner hardware and try again. We did that then it keeps showing up.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Double check that the hardware is seated correctly and that neither header has come loose. That means it can't communicate with the ECU via the smaller header.
barnadc5

Post by barnadc5 »

So we double check the ktuner with the ecu. Turns out the mini USB is broken. It just came off right now.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That couldn't have been the issue. If the USB was broken off or not working you would have never been able to get connected at all and would have never had the option to even try to upload since that requires being connected via USB first. If you'd like to order a replacement since you've damaged the unit you can contact us via email.
barnadc5

Post by barnadc5 »

when i upload to basemap #2 it was fine. After a month later when i got my rbc installed i was trying to upload the basemap #3. When you told me to check where the ktuner and ecu if its connected properly thats when i found the mini usb was barley hanging. When i barely touch it to try to put it in place it just came off. i tried to solder it to see if that helps, but technically its not working anymore. Do i have to purchase a new end user? If you can contact me at barnaphon@gmail.com for a faster reply cause if so i might just order it tonight.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you've damaged the unit and need a replacement you'll want to contact Info@KTuner.com

Return to “KTuner Software”