Unable to open after install?

ShiftAustin

Unable to open after install?

Post by ShiftAustin »

Opened today and got notified of updated software. followed instructions on site and downloaded new setup pack and completed install.
When attempting open I get a "application has stopped working" error. uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.
uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled, no change.
installed old .2 version, opens and runs, but now constantly trying to authenticate.
Operating on windows 10, and suggestions?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open after install?

Post by KTuner »

If you were able to run .2 you'd be able to run .5. There hasn't been anything changed in the software that would prevent it from launching, so check your security software and make sure you have enough RAM available.
Icemanhunt

Post by Icemanhunt »

I'm having a similar problem, Reinstalled three times but the software doesn't load properly. Disable firewall and the antivirus but it didn't work. Any thoughts?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If it shows open in the bottom bar you may have minimized it. Maximize it.
Icemanhunt

Post by Icemanhunt »

KTuner wrote:If it shows open in the bottom bar you may have minimized it. Maximize it.
It worked. Thank You.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

I made the mistake of downloading & installing the new version (10.9.6). Now it won't open no matter what I do. I uninstalled, reinstalled (3x), and going to the program folder & double clicking on the Ktuner app still doesn't open.

Tried restarting the laptop several times, still no good. Of course this always happens when I actually NEED to use it - I need to unlock the ECU so I can transfer the user board to the RSX ecu...

EDIT: I thankfully hadn't deleted the 10.9.5 version - that installed and opened just fine, so it's not my computer settings. I did check that the new version was under 'allowed apps" through the firewall.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Multiple thousands of users have been using 1.0.9.6. It would be on your end or you can try downloading again.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:Multiple thousands of users have been using 1.0.9.6. It would be on your end or you can try downloading again.
OK. So I don't lose the existing (working) version - if I install in a different location, will it still overwrite the existing version, or will it leave 10.9.5 also installed? Trying to make sure I don't get stuck. I typically don't have internet when I'm at the car, so it's a PITA when it tries to do the whole verification thing with a re-install.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You have the old installer, as stated, so you can install over it any time.

Return to “KTuner Software”