BOOST BY GEAR MAC SOLENOID

RABOOST

BOOST BY GEAR MAC SOLENOID

Post by RABOOST »

Hi for the boost by gear MAC solenoid I found this on Ebay which is very popular and apparently what every single EMS uses out there
part number: MAC 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA, I just want to confirm that this solenoid will work 100% for the boost by gear application. And do you guys require some sort of diode installed on the signal wire like how HONDATA recommends on S300 to wire this up?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331322925448

^^^ here is the ebay link. Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: BOOST BY GEAR MAC SOLENOID

Post by KTuner »

The standard Perrin and Mac valves work just fine with the software. I've never used a diode.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK, one more question.... is pin B21 the only output available for boost by gear?
And why is the "Frequency (hz)" grayed out when using the PRB CODE BASE with boost options?
Isn't the Frequency or hertz the way to calibrate or tune the MAC solenoid?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's plenty of outputs, but none of them are PWM. B21 is.

They operate at 31hz, so that's the set frequency.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK that satisfies my question regarding this, I will use that pin input then and will not mess with the Hertz since its the set frequency as you have said, thanks again
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

The MAC solenoid has 2 wires and non polarity, I know one goes to ECU pin but the other wire is my question.
Does the other wire go to ground or a switched 12V Power source?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The other side goes to a switched power source.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK I'm almost ready to employ boost by gear, unfortunately my speedometer does not match what is on my KTUNER readings, Does boost by gear determine which gear you are on based on the MPH??? If yes, then how do I calibrate my gauge to work properly?

Im using a 2003 Accord transmission and when ever I click on the 02-04 transmission the default ECU Corr (%) shows 4000% and cluster corr (%) is 0%. This does not match my speed and my MPH on my lap top shows 158MPH regardless of speed. Do I need to buy a separate Speedometer box from KTUNED or Hybrid racing to make this work???

I have tried adding, subtracting etc etc the transmission values and can never get the ecu and gauge to sync.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

When using the RSX codebase it assumes an 02-04 RSX transmission.

Uncheck that box. Adjust the ECU correction until it works. You shouldn't need to adjust much.

Return to “General Hardware Questions”